World Class 2010 Programs

In The Presence of My Enemies - Dream Theater - is one of them.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the bands - what are the songs? Can anyone report?

Mike

I've heard In The Presence of Enemies by Dream Theater. The original song has two parts for a total of about 20 minutes though... so it's obviously going to be cut down. It's also a matter of which part they decide to do, because both are quite different.

At any rate, they're two of my favorite Dream Theater songs. They made Systematic Chaos worth buying.

I've heard In The Presence of Enemies by Dream Theater. The original song has two parts for a total of about 20 minutes though... so it's obviously going to be cut down. It's also a matter of which part they decide to do, because both are quite different.

At any rate, they're two of my favorite Dream Theater songs. They made Systematic Chaos worth buying.

In The Presence of Enemies, Pt. 1

For those of you who don't know your drum corps history (or reps), Santa Clara Vanguard played Procession of the Nobles in 1968, 1969 and 1970!

Don't believe me? Check CorpsReps.com

Ron Gunn

And 1980. Came out of the corner - still one of my all-time favorite DBC shows. If you've never heard Stone Ground Seven (SCV or the orig.l by Singers Unlimited), do yourself a favor and go listen.

For those of you who don't know your drum corps history (or reps), Santa Clara Vanguard played Procession of the Nobles in 1968, 1969 and 1970!

Don't believe me? Check CorpsReps.com

Ron Gunn

Didn't they also do it in B'ham one year or is my senility in high gear ?

WHO DAT

anyone know Crown's selections or BD's??

...nope.

But anyway, 160 bpm has me more excited than Asphalt Cocktail... The arrangement is KILLER!

We don't know The Cadets' selections but we do know the composers; Barber, Bocook, Hanson & Rimsky-Korsakov.

Procession of the Nobles / Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov is probably most well known in the DCI era due to the efforts of SCV (who George Hopkins had great admiration for during his marching years). A good site to view past corp repertoires is http://www.corpsreps.com/ . I often will use that site to locate who has played that piece in the past so that I can (if they were finalist that year) go to the DCI fan network a view the performace of that piece. Always adds to my enjoyment of the performace by a current coprs.

I am really curious to hear Cadets. I haven't been a huge of some of the shows from the past years, excluding last year. If done well, it show really be a cool show. I love Bocook's arrangements though.