World Class 2010 Programs

eeewwww Philip Glass. John Mackey FTW. I'm really excited for BLuecoats again.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few words I never thought would ever cross my lips........

I'm really looking forward to seeing Cavies this year! :tongue:

So far Jim Prime has arranged Farandole and Nimrod from Enigma Variations! Both are pretty sick (in a good way)!

:tongue:

Crown should be interesting. They are using a second full set of horns (silver and gold)

Idk where you heard that, but you're completely mis-informed.

mmmm.....once I heard Asphault Cocktail I thought Cavies. Anyone else? Of course it kinda goes with the weird cat in the hat style of the Bluecoats.

In the Cadets news article about them cancelling the camp this week it mentions they will be playing Procession of the Nobles by Rimsky-Korsakov.

You know, I can't really picturing the Cadets playing that tune. It's got a definite Phantom feel to it. We'll see though.

So far Jim Prime has arranged Farandole and Nimrod from Enigma Variations! Both are pretty sick (in a good way)!

Are you sure Jimmer is the arranger?

I am so thrilled that the 'Coats (and PC) are doing Asphalt Cocktail. If you are unfamiliar with it check it out: http://ostimusic.com/Asphalt-media.html

It was premiered ealier this spring by Michigan State University (and later by Oklahoma State, the MSU version is wayyy better) and I saw it first hand. It is going to translate to an amazing AMAZING piece on the field! Can't wait and GO BLUE!!!!!

DW

mmmm.....once I heard Asphault Cocktail I thought Cavies. Anyone else? Of course it kinda goes with the weird cat in the hat style of the Bluecoats.

I like it! Great way to think of how we really do jump around a lot as far as "themes."

I am so thrilled that the 'Coats (and PC) are doing Asphalt Cocktail. If you are unfamiliar with it check it out: http://ostimusic.com/Asphalt-media.html

It was premiered ealier this spring by Michigan State University (and later by Oklahoma State, the MSU version is wayyy better) and I saw it first hand. It is going to translate to an amazing AMAZING piece on the field! Can't wait and GO BLUE!!!!!

DW

I've heard both, and can't tell which one I like better, honestly.