Madison's 2010 Uniform

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is the risk in visual performance.

In 1981 side 2 had 6 tic's for the whole show and we had spats on ! ( Yes I was on side 2 and yes all 6 tic's were more that likely mine ! )

It's going to be cool see my son in the same uni. I wore !

( Yes I was on side 2 and yes all 6 tic's were more that likely mine ! )

So YOU'RE the one. :thumbup:

On a serious note, I understand how people feel about the spats being

a visual risk. But I am encouraged that Mr. Mason stated that a huge priority

will be making the Scouts' feet impecable!

Edited by madalumni

I agree. I think having a consistant look for a few years in a row will help to re-establish the "brand" if you will.

Here's some points that Jim Mason made at the Annual Meeting last Friday regarding the Scouts Uniform. He pointed out that "we've" lost our identity, and one way you reclaim it is by skillfully getting back to your heritage via your identifiable look. He really hammered on this point of being proud of our heritage and being proud of the "Madison historic look". Jim reiterated that "'we are Scout's"!, and we should be proud of the "classic" uniform that identified us primarily through the years when things were going much better for the corps! Jim stated that "we will once again see the Scouts feet" via spats! He pointed out that this alone will "force us" to "fix" our technique. Even though it was stated by a few authority figures at the meeting that the "model" for the uniform is the 81' look, it's still complete speculation at this point what the "final" product will look like.

Let's see the feet!.......YES to spats! :thumbup:

If you are 100% clean, then yes, spats CAN be cool, but it puts so much more demand on something in your summer that can really just be fixed by removing the color white from the feet.

The good thing about spats, though, is that if the individual scores are really hurting them halfway through the season, they can always just ditch them without having to make any real uniform changes.

So YOU'RE the one. :thumbup:

On a serious note, I understand how people feel about the spats being

a visual risk. But I am encouraged that Mr. Mason stated that a huge priority

will be making the Scouts' feet impecable!

Impeccable has two c's, Jeff. You're not being impeccable! Mr. Mason you are not.

One tick for you!! :thumbup:

I think it is the risk in visual performance.

Bold moves are generally risky as well.

Last year's Relampango guard uniform was bold under this description.

Bold can be a good thing as well.

This puts a ton of pressure on the visual guys for sure. I worry more because the judges are all post 1980s drum corps. They judge visually different than how it was judged 30 years ago.

So, we shall see.

Oh, look for at least one extended high mark time move. It's one of the best ways to show off them shoe saddle blankets.

In 1981 side 2 had 6 tic's for the whole show and we had spats on ! ( Yes I was on side 2 and yes all 6 tic's were more that likely mine ! )

It's going to be cool see my son in the same uni. I wore !

Bill, I was on side "2" with you.......I have a copy of the "sheets".........And I'm happy to report that only 5 tic's were attributed to you.......The 6th was given to me for just showing up!

Here's some points that Jim Mason made at the Annual Meeting last Friday regarding the Scouts Uniform. He pointed out that "we've" lost our identity, and one way you reclaim it is by skillfully getting back to your heritage via your identifiable look. He really hammered on this point of being proud of our heritage and being proud of the "Madison historic look". Jim reiterated that "'we are Scout's"!, and we should be proud of the "classic" uniform that identified us primarily through the years when things were going much better for the corps! Jim stated that "we will once again see the Scouts feet" via spats! He pointed out that this alone will "force us" to "fix" our technique. Even though it was stated by a few authority figures at the meeting that the "model" for the uniform is the 81' look, it's still complete speculation at this point what the "final" product will look like.

I've been saying this for years. The Scouts should look scout-like. If this image and look is neglected, the name Scouts seems to lack power, purpose, and significance.