Madison's 2010 Uniform

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping for something a little more then the feminine superhero guard uni's of this year opast :thumbup::thumbup:

Interesting adjective. Feminine is about the last thing I would have characterized it as. Confusing and unflattering perhaps.

The 1981 uniform was the best of the old Explorer unforms, which is why the MSARP chose it was well. My assumption is that taking it and putting it in the hands of some creative people from Stanbury (or whoever they choose for this) will yield something with traditional foundation but modern enough to stand with the other DCI corps (with the exception of Cadets whose uniform is unashamedly traditional)

Dont quite understand the kneejerk reactions to spats however. Is it because they dont look good (which I disagree) or that it could be a detriment visually?

In any case I think it will be a very much anticipated unveiling come this spring.

I think it is the risk in visual performance.

I think it's safe to assume it will be the most widely anticipated uniform unveiling in the past 10-20 years or more.

Oh and....spats FTW!!!!

Spats! :thumbup:

the number of uniform changes this corps has gone through in the last 6 or 7 years is pretty significant - at least 4. Unless they're being completely sponsored, that's a lot of coin. It would be great for the corps to pick a look and stick with it.

I agree. I think having a consistant look for a few years in a row will help to re-establish the "brand" if you will.