Most memorable contests to attend

Whatever the first show of the year is fun to perform / watch.

DCI Atlanta has been fun for me performing 3 out of the 4 years of it.

The former show before Atlanta / Indy (when Indy was a Regional) in Murfreesboro was fun to be at, knowing they earned their spot into that show over time.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1991 - DCI South (Birmingham,AL) night show. The crowd in the stands that night was ELECTRIC. The roar from the stands during our show was something i'll never forget. Audience feedback you could hear from the onfield percussion tape.

1991- Drums Along the Rockies (Denver) at Mile High- What a rush it was performing as a rookie in the First big stadium.

2008- Bloomington- The experience for finals night as a fan in the stands was UNREAL!!!

I've always really enjoyed the Houston (Cypress Hill?) show. INCREDIBLE stadium and great fans. also, yeah the bristol show was horrible this year. the fans are always great (even for us in '08) and the parade is lots of fun but by the end of the night we shouldnt have even been marching on that field it was so bad.

The Hershey Spectacular. You got some DCA corps, some DCI corps and the Marines and tickets never went above $20

DCM finals in DeKalb 1982.

The runoff between Madison and Phantom

Brimingham 1980

Spirit playing their a%^ off in tribute to Jim Ott

Foxboro 1994

Hearing 2-7 alumni playing Danny Boy one more time

Montreal 1982 DCI Finals

Realizing that Garfield was adding thier niche into drum corps history very soon.

Pasadena 2007

Watching my bff march her final show. Very emotional

Philadelphia 1975

Madison horn line live and amazing!

As a performer I would say every home show for each corps I marched ( especially my Sky Ryder home show, where they anounced every kids name and where they came from) and then Allentown with every corps I marched. As a spectator, I would say Madison and San Antonio. Best views by far. I don't like Madisons parking arrangements though. San Antonio was perfect, until they took that nice break away.

Edited by 84skyrydr

Racine, Wisconsin

I gotta say Racine Wisconsin in the early 70s was the happening place. Nothing like free flowing beer to work up a crowd. For the corps members on the field it was being a gladiator in the middle of the Roman Coliseum. The Crowd either loved you or they hated you (no middle ground) and they didn't hide their feelings one bit. If they loved you they were screaming their heads off and standing up on their feet for the entire show, if hated you - well it wasn't a pretty picture. Have not seen anything like it since.

:tongue:

Edited by amadorj

As a performer, the 71 World Open and Shriners Intl probably top my list.

Boy am I OLD!!! :tongue:

"Most Memorable":

The very olde "Dream Contest" venue at JC's Roosevelt Stadium, Bridgeport CT's "Hedges Stadium", Racine WI "Horlick Field", "Waconnah Par" in Pittsfield MA,

"Veterans Stadium" in Baltimore MD, the "Manning Bowl" of the 1960's, and "Flamingo Park" in Miami FL.

Marched at least one time at all of them. TONS of drum corps history at each one also :tongue:

Elphaba