Vanguard Toast

If i remember correctly, 09 was the first year in a while that the vanguard toast was incorporated into the show (if i used the wrong terms and offend anyone im sorry, didnt mean to). But as i await receiving my finals dvd, where is it in the show and what does it look like. Just curious. thanks alot!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry... what's that vanguard toast??? :thumbup:

Sorry... what's that vanguard toast??? :thumbup:

idk...maybe im just looking like an idot here but i thought i read something about it just before 09 tour started

If i remember correctly, 09 was the first year in a while that the vanguard toast was incorporated into the show (if i used the wrong terms and offend anyone im sorry, didnt mean to). But as i await receiving my finals dvd, where is it in the show and what does it look like. Just curious. thanks alot!

It was during the company front at the end of the show.

dsc_0796.jpg

dsc_0441.jpg

It was during the company front at the end of the show.

dsc_0796.jpg

dsc_0441.jpg

ahhhh!! thank you...thats what i thought it was. i saw it at dci east...breathtaking!! simply beautiful

Wow....sorry for being OT, and I know judging from pictures is usually a nono, but this a slow company front, during finals week...and therefore...

HOLY LACK OF FOOT TIMING BATMAN!!!

edit because my memory is bad - was this the scatter set?? If it is, I take it all back :thumbup:

Edited by euponitone

Wow....sorry for being OT, and I know judging from pictures is usually a nono, but this a slow company front, during finals week...and therefore...

HOLY LACK OF FOOT TIMING BATMAN!!!

edit because my memory is bad - was this the scatter set?? If it is, I take it all back :thumbup:

You know, I think it's the same guy (the contra player) in both pictures, and to my eyes, it just looks like he's a little late to the crossing counts. You're right, it's not immaculate, but at least they're not on the wrong foot.

This is one of the great things about slow tempos: it exposes your foot timing and technique to a ridiculous extent. People can yap all they want about fast tempos being difficult and whatnot (and to an extent, they're right. . . fast tempos are way more physically demanding), but a lot of corps are able to get away with a looooooooot of really bad foot timing issues simply by cranking up the tempo. It's just a matter of cognitive limitation - it's way more difficult for someone to perceive a foot timing disparity at 190 than at 120. So yeah, the foot timing here is pretty iffy, but it's just a product of the extreme exposure of the tempo.

idk...maybe im just looking like an idot here but i thought i read something about it just before 09 tour started

I posted a thread in my attempt to find a picture of the visual last year. You're not an idiot; there was another thread. At first, I thought mine got bumped from over a year ago. :P

Love this visual!