1995 Cadets and The Reivers

6 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I love how everything translates. Phrase-ending flourish in the strings becomes an extended run in the brass. Repetitive phrases (like the one before the key change) get omitted. Fast, staccato flute parts are handled by the pit. Orchestral "rips" in the score are featured by the mellos. Etc.

It's absolutely spectacular. Any idea on how to download this? 

Edited by 2000Cadet

great arrangement of great source material. not my favorite hornline from the cadets in the 90s, but REALLY glad they were able to get permission to do the williams stuff. 

i can never get a straight answer as to why nobody ever does anything else by him. i want to hear scherzo for motorcycle and orchestra SOOO much. 

7 hours ago, Lance said:

great arrangement of great source material. not my favorite hornline from the cadets in the 90s, but REALLY glad they were able to get permission to do the williams stuff. 

i can never get a straight answer as to why nobody ever does anything else by him. i want to hear scherzo for motorcycle and orchestra SOOO much. 

I concur.  It seems like some programs are able to secure rights and some aren't.  

Watch this video of them in June of 95 then compare it to what they ended up with.  The final version actually sounds a lot more like the original composition.  

• Like 1