Glassmen 2010-The Prayer Cycle

You should be - Prayer Cycle is a *great* album.

Mike

Yeah . . .question is, how much of it will be used.

Ron Nelson and Phillip Glass are in there too, so I imagine they'll throw in Nelson's "Morning Alleluias" somewhere, which will be nice to hear on the field again (of course, I am extremely partial to Cavaliers 1993, a show that gets no love here or elsewhere).

Gonna wait and see what specific pieces they're using, but this does seem like it has potential.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah . . .question is, how much of it will be used.

Ron Nelson and Phillip Glass are in there too, so I imagine they'll throw in Nelson's "Morning Alleluias" somewhere, which will be nice to hear on the field again (of course, I am extremely partial to Cavaliers 1993, a show that gets no love here or elsewhere).

Gonna wait and see what specific pieces they're using, but this does seem like it has potential.

Nelson has lots of other music that would work in a show like this.

And I really like Cavies 93. I think it deserved its placement, but I still liked it a lot. It would be great to see them tackle more Gillingham someday.

Good for them, they were ONE of the last to announce last years….seems like they must have a good idea that writes itself this year and that usually means a good show….I do think their show was a bit under rated last year (not under scored or ranked, just under appreciated which I expect to change as people watch the DVD)

And I’m sure they’ll use my fractal idea for drill sets / tone / theme development

How could you not with Glass?

I mean they want to do well, right?

You should be - Prayer Cycle is a *great* album.

Mike

And if I'm NOT????

And if I'm NOT????

You don't want to know... :w00t::tongue::cool::doh::tongue:

This is a great song cycle, listening to the previews on Amazon (THANKS Lance). And will be purchasing a copy!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Sounds like a cool show.

Good luck to all the young Kats trying out for the Glassmen Family. You will be trying out for a top 10 Drum Corps. If you do not make the Glassmen PLEASE think about trying out for another Corps instead of not marching at all in 2010.

If anyone is around Gwest this weekend try to come out Sunday for show and tell.

I will be there Sat. I will be spending a lot of my time in the archive room, come in and say hello.

I can not wait to feel the music when The Glassmen Family get together in the Gym. :tongue:

I can not wait to hear our Corps song Madre. :doh:

And of course the first thing I am going to do when I walk in is say hello to Shara. :tongue:

Be safe to all who are coming and going from Gwest this weekend.

An Experience of a Lifetime

Dean