Dare I make a DARE?

NanciD

But Liz. you Jeff and I have stayed involved in some way and grew with the changes. We have adapted to the new while savoring the old.

I knew that I wouldnt get any work if I didnt grow with the changes in the activity. I still love working with St Joes because those are actually some of the same guys I started in drum corps with. But I cannot write the same stuff for Pioneer that I write for St Joes. I will never turn my back on the history of where this all came from, but I actually love where it has gone.

And the biggest changes are in the visual department. And sorry Don, what you did in drum corps in the 1960's is NOTHING like what we are asking performers to do now.

Donny

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Liz. you Jeff and I have stayed involved in some way and grew with the changes. We have adapted to the new while savoring the old.

I knew that I wouldnt get any work if I didnt grow with the changes in the activity. I still love working with St Joes because those are actually some of the same guys I started in drum corps with. But I cannot write the same stuff for Pioneer that I write for St Joes. I will never turn my back on the history of where this all came from, but I actually love where it has gone.

And the biggest changes are in the visual department. And sorry Don, what you did in drum corps in the 1960's is NOTHING like what we are asking performers to do now.

Donny

i know donny. i get that. i just think that what we did was good to. BTW my last year was 1980. that's when the new way of marching started for us. and i admit it was hard for me. but i slogged thruogh it. as for today.....i could never do it.

and I asked Mike New. Since my email changed today and I decided it was time to stop worshiping Jettas, i changed this and many screen names to match the new email

*feelin' like a step child and it's cold out here* :cool:

Jeff, How much will it cost to get the new email addy info? :cool:

I'd say less to M&M and more to visual. Kinda like when the AL put more emphasis on GE instead of mostly (almost all?) execution back before my day. Of course the difference then was, the tic system was kept, just counted less towards the score. Today it's all build up which I'm still getting used to.

build up yes, but performance is still counted...you don't perform, you don't get a good score

It's an inside joke you didn't get. Jim did. It's ok. I'm still laughing over the fact I say one thing about not likeing something and it's offensive but you guys prattle on about all the things wrong with today's shows and those words are gospel. To me none of this is ever personal, unless you go out of your way (the collective you) to insult me, or my family, personally. And even then, I rarely, if ever, hold a grudge.

thats why writing reviews is so fun. you're always gonna #### someone off

Donny

yep. I love to watch alumni corps. My wife, who knew basically top 12 DCI when we met lives to see Cabs Alumni. us youngins can respect and appreciate what came before us. sadly, it seems we get #### when we have issues handling what comes out today :cool:

i know donny. i get that. i just think that what we did was good to. BTW my last year was 1980. that's when the new way of marching started for us. and i admit it was hard for me. but i slogged thruogh it. as for today.....i could never do it.

i think what you did was great. I also think what they do today is great

*feelin' like a step child and it's cold out here* :cool:

Jeff, How much will it cost to get the new email addy info? :cool:

hmmmmmm :cool:

jeffream@verizon.net

hmmmmmm :cool:

jeffream@verizon.net

WOOHOO!!! :cool: (thanks!)

Does that mean all of the "jeffsnewjetta" email addy's are "out"??

Edited by TennTux