The 2010 Phantom Regiment

I like what I could hear of it on there. Sounds like Prokofiev and Korngold kind of mixed together.

It's certainly worlds better than his soundtracks...especially Mr. Holland's Atrocity.

It really is a great piece of music. It has always me wonder what might have been (outside of movie soundtracks) if he hadn't died so relatively young.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its so funny, both Regiment and Crown are playing stuff totally the opposite of what they usually do. Regiment is going with something maybe a little more light-hearted. And Crown...

OH! I see what you did there.

keep it up, cool guy.

The acting was indeed more frightening than the music.

I still cringe when I'm flipping through the channels and see Dreyfuss conducting left-handed...because he learned to conduct by mirroring a conductor on tv.

Same reason Phil Mickelson plays golf lefty: from watching his Dad face on and copying him. Just a bit of sports trivia to brighten your otherwise music filled morning discussions. Carry on...

KS

My main problems with the movie were that 1) he wasn't very likeable, honestly and 2) they played the song at the end, and nothing could have paid off the buildup. They should have just ended it before then and left you imaging what it would sound like.

Mike

The acting was indeed more frightening than the music.

I still cringe when I'm flipping through the channels and see Dreyfuss conducting left-handed...because he learned to conduct by mirroring a conductor on tv.

2) they played the song at the end, and nothing could have paid off the buildup. They should have just ended it before then and left you imaging what it would sound like.

Mike

Agreed.

The electric guitar in that was just cheese on top of cheese.

Glassmen did a few chunks of New Moon/Old Moon in the 2002 show. I've got a recording of the whole Kamen piece, and all I can say is that I could not think of a better corps to pull off this music. With the Glassmen show, Kamen's music can be heard in the 2nd and 3rd movements of our 2002 show.

Yes, it has been released. It's the symphonic poem by Michael Kamen that has been previously mentioned. It's a 41 minute piece, so they have plenty of material to use.

As Rick V. told everyone on their Facebook page, all the music is already written and passed out to those who auditioned and made Regiment. They seem to have their ducks in a row early this year. I hope they keep up that trend.

Maybe so, but for the past 4 years or so I hear my friends in Regiment tell me they do a full musical run through in like January, and how far ahead they are, etc....I actually have one of them from 06 I believe. So this is nothing new, and we have seen mixed results from them as a result.