Capital Regiment Inactive

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but think that at least PART of the reason was that some of the instructors (who were instrumental to a large degree in recruiting) are now with Forte. I'm certainly not saying that it's THE reason, as I'm sure that finance had much (if not most) to do with it, but from my experience, when instructors leave it can definately effect recruiting (especially retention). I hope the kids are able to find a new home for the summer.

I can't help but think that at least PART of the reason was that some of the instructors (who were instrumental to a large degree in recruiting) are now with Forte. I'm certainly not saying that it's THE reason, as I'm sure that finance had much (if not most) to do with it, but from my experience, when instructors leave it can definately effect recruiting (especially retention). I hope the kids are able to find a new home for the summer.

One has to wonder why so many of the staff left. Even Carl, who was so intensely positive about CR, bailed after 2009. It seems the organization was very sick and probably should never have come back.

For everyone in here who likes to say ####...

The press release goes over why. The big part of Capital Regiment's success is the success of their bingo program. That's not doing hot right now and that hurt the corps money wise. They were aware of this problem at the first camp and they were working on it, so holding the camp was not wrong. Unfortunately this is how it turned out. It sucks for everyone with the corps. It sucks for me and the other vets to come off 2 years inactive, top 5 Open Class, and then go out again. It blows. Sorry to anyone who is Crown or Cadets and will never have this happen, ever.

AND THE CHASE THING GIVING 4 CORPS MONEY....wtf? HALF OF THE OPEN CLASS LAST YEAR IS GONE OR WILL BE. CROWN IM SURE HAS MONEY WHILE OPEN CLASS IS FADING. IT SUCKS. I HOPE DCI OPENS EYES AND SEES THIS. you realize only one corps from top 5 OC last year will be back to indy?

BLACKSTAR- i dont even know what to say.

AND THE CHASE THING GIVING 4 CORPS MONEY....wtf? HALF OF THE OPEN CLASS LAST YEAR IS GONE OR WILL BE. CROWN IM SURE HAS MONEY WHILE OPEN CLASS IS FADING. IT SUCKS. I HOPE DCI OPENS EYES AND SEES THIS. you realize only one corps from top 5 OC last year will be back to indy?

To clarify, this was decided based on how many people voted for a particular charity. It wasn't just given out at random.

I know that.

But what do they really need extra money for when most of the open class is going away?

Edited by Blake13

Yes...sad sad times! Just seems the little guys struggle in this business world. I have a bad feeling there is more of this to come in the near future if times don't change soon. Well, I guess technically it's been occurring for about 20 years now. I mean, we used to have over 100+ competing corps right? Now down to mid 40s combined in both classes. :tongue:

Yeah, it would be great if musicians were in charge of the economy, right? Yeah, guess not.

The press release goes over why. The big part of Capital Regiment's success is the success of their bingo program. That's not doing hot right now and that hurt the corps money wise. They were aware of this problem at the first camp and they were working on it, so holding the camp was not wrong. Unfortunately this is how it turned out. It sucks for everyone with the corps. It sucks for me and the other vets to come off 2 years inactive, top 5 Open Class, and then go out again. It blows. Sorry to anyone who is Crown or Cadets and will never have this happen, ever.

Blackstar was being really sarcastic. No drum corps supporter would ever want the open class corps to just go away with no explanation.

As an alumnus, I really hope CR comes back around - they were great last summer!

Please, blame the Open Class corps directors. They were the ones who wanted this deal.