Capital Regiment Inactive

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bummer :tongue:

Yes...sad sad times! Just seems the little guys struggle in this business world. I have a bad feeling there is more of this to come in the near future if times don't change soon. Well, I guess technically it's been occurring for about 20 years now. I mean, we used to have over 100+ competing corps right? Now down to mid 40s combined in both classes. :tongue:

In looking over the entirety of the activity spanning from the previous 4-5 decades to present, it's more like (at one time) over 1000 corps competing at one time..........

Yes...sad sad times! Just seems the little guys struggle in this business world. I have a bad feeling there is more of this to come in the near future if times don't change soon. Well, I guess technically it's been occurring for about 20 years now. I mean, we used to have over 100+ competing corps right? Now down to mid 40s combined in both classes. :tongue:
Edited by bill

Wow, that is a bummer. I kinda feel sorry for the members... I mean, coming back out in 2009 after a year or two of being inactive, then going inactive again. I hope everything works out o.k. for them (the corps) soon.

Who cares... as long has we have the top 12, the best of the best who cares about Cap Regiment not fielding. They never had a chance of winning. If it keeps the big boys strong and they can still bring in an audience who cares.........

Could you be more of a malcontent? Wow...

Who cares... as long has we have the top 12, the best of the best who cares about Cap Regiment not fielding. They never had a chance of winning. If it keeps the big boys strong and they can still bring in an audience who cares.........

The people who were members especially in 2009 care. I would know, considering I was one. The whole drum corps experience isn't about winning or being in the top 12. It is like that for some people, but not everyone. The family we formed over this summer was incredible, and the experience we had was amazing. Seeing where we started in November verses where we ended up in finals this year, that journey is incredible. We actually had to fight to earn our placement. And I'm not saying that the corps who always score the highest don't fight for their placement because obviously they do too. But they also start at a level much higher than where we had started back in November of last year. You have no idea how many people this is hurting, so seriously..grow a heart and be more considerate.

SnowStorm - I'm pretty sure Blackstar is being extremely sarcastic and is, instead, making a commentary on the appearance that DCI only cares about WC Top 12.

As for the topic - I feel really bad for the members who put their hearts and trust into the organization, only to be crushed a second time. However, I do lay partial blame on DCI.

In order to compete in shows last season, Cap Reg had to go through an evaluation to determine if they were viable to compete in DCI shows. Obviously they had to show they had a stable organization with the resources to make it for just a single season. However, it appears that DCI didn't do a thorough enough review of the organization.

I won't speculate on the reasons, but I definitely have to question the methods and criteria DCI used in determining that Cap Reg was ready to successfully return to the field.