Capital Regiment Inactive

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that.

But what do they really need extra money for when most of the open class is going away?

Did you vote in this charity auction? Did you motivate other people to vote in it?

IIRC they were saying that Crown's director pushed heavily for people to vote in this. You can't take that away from Crown if nobody from Capital Regiment worked that hard for the votes. Not saying anything bad about CR, it is a shame that they are going inactive, but the people who got the money worked hard to get that money, it seems.

Edited by drumcorpsfan4567

For everyone in here who likes to say ####...

The press release goes over why. The big part of Capital Regiment's success is the success of their bingo program. That's not doing hot right now and that hurt the corps money wise. They were aware of this problem at the first camp and they were working on it, so holding the camp was not wrong. Unfortunately this is how it turned out. It sucks for everyone with the corps. It sucks for me and the other vets to come off 2 years inactive, top 5 Open Class, and then go out again. It blows. Sorry to anyone who is Crown or Cadets and will never have this happen, ever.

How about a numbers report from the camp?

Man ppl these days...

We had one, I voted. Not whining, stating opinions and facts.

19 horns, 41 snares, 10? tenors, 7 basses, 6 guard. And in January the lot of VA members like myself would have been going up there adding to those. And yes everyone can sit out there and say do something about it, but not one person can fix all of the problems. Open Class corps won't do well with the economy the way it is.

And yes, it probably all wasn't money related. But it's over, we're inactive for this season, I don't know about next season, but I hope we can come back. We did very well coming off of two years inactive.

Hopefully, it's still early enough in the off-season so that all of the members that were going to march at Cap Reg this year can find somewhere else to march for the season.

Those are the numbers of who showed up at camp for those instruments

For everyone in here who likes to say ####...

The press release goes over why. The big part of Capital Regiment's success is the success of their bingo program. That's not doing hot right now and that hurt the corps money wise. They were aware of this problem at the first camp and they were working on it, so holding the camp was not wrong.

But why hold a first camp, and a week later call it quits? Staff was announced. Show was announced. Tour was announced. A corps should know what their financial situation is long before the first camp. Decision to be inactive should have made before members and staff committed to being part of the group and spending money to attend the first camp.

They should at least refund any audition/camp fees paid by those that attended the camp.