Lucas Oil Stadium Director Discusses 'Sound Ideas'

Hence why they would say ticket sales are strong every year. And they can get away with saying that... cause no one outside of the people running the show actually knows how ticket sales are going year to year.

well, they key may be people on the fence and walk ups. if early tix sales are strong, but die off, then there's an issue

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is all I ask for. and DCI has NO transparency. Especially for a non-profit... they would probably get more donations if they were just more open about things.

it would be nice to see 08 and 09 numbers

we can all guess. but til real numbers come out, thats all we can do

Heh. OK. Go find my post where I call him a flat out lier. You won't find it.

Oh, please....your implication was crystal-clear. But since you brought it up, why not just answer directly - do you think his statement about advance ticket sales is true or false?

The only thing I'm accusing him of is doing what he does as a marketer of the product. I'm skeptical, you're not.

Better stop reading here, then, lest I shatter your illusion.

I fail to see what the big deal is about advance ticket sales. For one thing, it's only December. Advance sales measured at Xmas could vary widely depending on the timing and amount of marketing. Were seating specifics on LOS available just as early last year? What day did Allentown tickets first go on sale last year? Did they have premier event gift certificates last year?

More importantly, y'all need to read more carefully. All I see Bob saying is that Friends of DCI subscriptions and Allentown ticket sales are up vs. last year. As for LOS ticket sales, they are merely "surprised"....no comparison to last year's numbers are given there. Frankly, with the fuss over stadium acoustics and people demanding relocation of the event, perhaps they are surprised any tickets have sold this far in advance. :smile:

Allentown did go on sale the same time last year and LOS seating charts were available in August last year

OK - so we may be seeing meaningful changes, then. Still, Allentown sales may be up solely on account of people choosing to go there instead of LOS.

The Friends of DCI upturn is good news.

yeah I think Allentown may be as you say

The Friends of DCI upturn is good news.

After the debacle with Ticketmaster last year, this could be the result of people not wanting to pay premium prices to sit on the 10 yard line low. Why do we need Ticketmaster to sell tickets now, when we never did for past championships?

After the debacle with Ticketmaster last year, this could be the result of people not wanting to pay premium prices to sit on the 10 yard line low. Why do we need Ticketmaster to sell tickets now, when we never did for past championships?

I don't know for sure with LOS, but Ticketmaster has exclusive deals with many venues. You couldn't hold a PTA convention without Ticketmaster getting a cut of the sales.