Lucas Oil Stadium Director Discusses 'Sound Ideas'

Maybe someone out there is willing to pony up about $800 million so we can build the ultimate drum corps stadium in a place where people have easy access via roads and airports. Then we can rent it back to football teams to play on Friday, Saturday and Sundays in the Fall.

Don't forget that every seat in the stadium needs to be on the 50.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my personal "marketing playbook," I hold truth and integrity in high regard.

I'm sure you do. So do I. I'm not talking about integrity, I'm talking about marking the product.

In my personal "marketing playbook," I hold truth and integrity in high regard.

I'll back Bob here. In fact, if not for Bob, I doubt we'd be seeing 75% of what we're seeing from DCI.

the only way DCI is gonna change is if people vote with their wallets. Too many people who ##### about LOS are still gonna go. I'm sure with the deal they DCI has with LOS, they can afford lesser ticket sales...

DCI is like Chicago sports....it doesn't matter how bad the final product is...people are still gonna pay to see it. Until that stops, we get LOS...and the Cubs...hehe

as I said...they get 2010 to see if it's made markedly better.

if not....my season will end at Allentown unless they jack those prices way up

Awesome: call out the ONE person in this thread who can contribute fact, AND has knowledge of the entire situation. :thumbs-up:

I love how, whenever anyone connected to a corps posts on here, you all get in line to suck up. I wasn't "calling anyone out." I guess time will tell how many people attend finals. I predict the crowd will be smaller than 2009. Marketing is part "fact" and part salesmanship. Sometimes the salesmanship part of it is quite large. BTW, no one has knowledge of the entire situation - the entire situation is also comprised of each person deciding whether to go to finals. Who could know that?? The claims of working on sound issues is part of the marketing for people to come back. So I'm skeptical - so what?

I love how, whenever anyone connected to a corps posts on here, you all get in line to suck up. I wasn't "calling anyone out." I guess time will tell how many people attend finals. I predict the crowd will be smaller than 2009. Marketing is part "fact" and part salesmanship. Sometimes the salesmanship part of it is quite large. BTW, no one has knowledge of the entire situation - the entire situation is also comprised of each person deciding whether to go to finals. Who could know that?? The claims of working on sound issues is part of the marketing for people to come back. So I'm skeptical - so what?

actually I don't suck up at all. I'm probably the reason Fiedler and Hop stopped posting here years ago :thumbs-up:

Bob is one of the FEW there I do trust, because he's EARNED my trust over the years...by being a straight shooter. In fact, if you look closely, you'll see Bob has even admitted a few times when they screwed up.

You are way beyond skeptical when you accuse a DCI marketing person of flat-out lying about advance ticket sales....and everyone else of "sucking up".

Knowing Bob Jacobs from a wide range of drum corps-related situations over the years, I can certainly vouch for him being a straight-shooter (and one of the most articulate ones at that). And I don't think you'll get the same feedback on just "anyone connected to a corps", as you say.