Ya Know Eastern Mass.

Also had Somerville Thunderbirds in the Northeastern Circuit, late '50s - early '60s....that should qualify as "Boston area".

Yup ... fabled St. Kevin's DM Wally Kirshner (sp) led them after he aged out around 1962 ...

:-)

This has all been Very Interesting.

But, all I was saying was.

With All the History,

All the Talent,

From way back when, to the here and Now.

It just seems a shame to not have at least a "Class A" DCA group in the Eastern Mass area (from New Hampshire to New Bedford,MA - from Boston to Providance,RI) on the field of DCA Compition. A lot has happened in the Past. And much still going on today, with DCI WC, DCI Open, Alumni/Exhibition types, and Mini Corps.

Oh well, I live in New Jersey so not much I can do about it. But, just to let you know that a lot of us Loved your Style and Class and will just have to wait till you are ready and it can happen.

Well, I guess we do not need this to go on any longer.

:rolleyes: " STANDISH GUARDS" All Age Corps of Plymouth County, Mass. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO for it. Take your time. Do it right.

Best of Luck. Look forward to seeing you one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you have the money to start one up?

it aint easy creating a drum corps out of thin air anymore

I can speak first hand to that one and totally agree. We are doing it however. The hard part is actually forming something. Then it's intense nurturing. Still in the nurturing stage LOL :rolleyes: . http://www.pembrokeimperials.org

Edited by Imperial

:laughing: (because of the :rolleyes: I'm not sure if you remember the Corps or just an attempt to get me to post a few pics...LOL)

6/1968 Lynn Continentals Lynn, Mass. Parade through Lynn...

th_LynnContinentalsLynnMass.jpg

6/1968 Lynn Continentals Lynn, Mass. Parade through Lynn...

th_LynnContinentalsLynn_Mass36_68PaulD.jpg

6/1968 Lynn Continentals Lynn, Mass. Parade through Lynn... (Moi on left...)

th_1968LynnContinentals001_TonyWhite.jpg

Awesome!

You know www.corpsreps.com doesn't have much info on them, you might want to send them the pictures and maybe as much history as you know.

Just trying to keep history alive!

Yup ... fabled St. Kevin's DM Wally Kirshner (sp) led them after he aged out around 1962 ...

:-)

Andy,

You're probably thinking of Wally Curtis. The last I heard of him, he was running a restaurant down in Florida somewhere - although some of the St. Kevin's guys would more than likely know more.

Andy (The other one)

Andy,

You're probably thinking of Wally Curtis. The last I heard of him, he was running a restaurant down in Florida somewhere - although some of the St. Kevin's guys would more than likely know more.

Andy (The other one)

Yes ... yes ... yes ... Curtis ... I knew my spelling was a bit off ... I still remember the one year (1965?) that he and Don Anderson from the Boston Crusaders were co-DM's for the Princemen ... talk about a contrast in style!!!!

Andy "not the Roo" Lisko

Awesome!

You know www.corpsreps.com doesn't have much info on them, you might want to send them the pictures and maybe as much history as you know.

Just trying to keep history alive!

Thanks Andy... :shutup:

I thought I did send what I have over to corpsreps. I'll have to look into that to see if I did, if not I'll send these with what I have for the history too. (I was 9 yrs old when I joined the Lynn Continentals...hehe)

Yes ... yes ... yes ... Curtis ... I knew my spelling was a bit off ... I still remember the one year (1965?) that he and Don Anderson from the Boston Crusaders were co-DM's for the Princemen ... talk about a contrast in style!!!!

Andy "not the Roo" Lisko

Wally Curtis was co-drum major with Hank O'Donnell. It was Joe Anderson, formally of the Boston Crusaders, who became drum major after them.

Wally Curtis was co-drum major with Hank O'Donnell. It was Joe Anderson, formally of the Boston Crusaders, who became drum major after them.

Thanks for the reminder of Hank O'Donnell. He was originally drum major for the I.C. Rockets of Salem before he moved into senior corps. Didn't he ultimately wind up as a state representative or state senator?