DCPI-13 Here We Go!

Glory of Music's unofficial rallying cry for the rest of the season is "All the way to Saturday!" We seem to be an organization of near-misses (Aurora and Bellatrix have each placed in the Top 2 during Championship week; Polaris has won Friday night's World Class Semifinals two of the past three seasons) and are hungry for our first gold.

Our "home" show is tomorrow in Vista, so the staff is just trying to keep the kids focused on tonight's show first.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like we are in the battle to break 90 first...we dont have a show tonight though so looks like Stud Bolts will get it in Huntington, but you have both Glory of Polaris and Velour Knights going at it in CA tonight so who knows! Also the Knight sword is up for grabs tonight!!!!

We've had The Sword for almost a week now and getting quite comfortable with it. Would really hate to see it go, although seeing it go to another CLASS member will ease the pain......................just a little. :rolleyes:

I predict it will changes hands more in the next 2½ weeks than it did from the beginning of the season til now.

Good luck to all in the push towards finals. Gold Cups for everyone.

NOT!!

Well, the NMP camp has been pretty quiet this year, so I thought I'd pop in and say hello. The groups are performing well considering the staff has been running the show without me. NPE got off to a slow start, but is looking good now as we have some major additions to make to the show. Nastalgia also had a rough start but has leveled off and starting to look good. Nastalgia Vanguard is taking a step back and rethinking some things with the show this year. All in all, all groups should be pushing for a finals spot and is enjoying the compitition so far. Deciding to send the groups on 3 seperate tours have brough the entire NMP organization stronger together. We'll be coming out full force at the CLASS Championships.

Well time for another check in I guess lol.

Firebird is sitting in 28th with a solid 84 points, and 8th in Music. The crowd is absolutely loving us! Some minor changes to the show may be coming soon.

Major show changes coming for the FB Cadets, who are sitting in 33rd right now with a 79. The staff is pulling some overnight work on music arranging :rolleyes: Same goes for the 26th place Rocky Mountain Regiment.

One thing I have learned: School takes away from your ability to manage a fantasy corps :rolleyes:

Today's events:

A pair of home shows today

Kadence hosts their home event at Don Paul Field in Fremont OH. This show has certainly come a long way from the days of being hosted in the parking lot at Cedar Point:

SanduskyOHFremontRossHS4000.jpg

Meanwhile, a "glorious" home show is in the works at Vista HS in Vista CA:

VistaCAVistaHS4500.jpg

Additionally, Tates Creek HS in Lexington KY hosts the first of two events in the Bluegrass state this year:

LexingtonKYTatesCreekHS5000.jpg

The Velour Knights get a big win in front of the home town crowd last night. With the stands filled with friends, family and alumni, it was a great night for the whole Org. with 2 bronze medals in the lower classes. The topper was when after the final score was announced and our drum major accepted the 1st place trophy, he took and raised The Knights Sword up over his head.......THE CROWD WENT NUTS!!

The Velour Knights get a big win in front of the home town crowd last night. With the stands filled with friends, family and alumni, it was a great night for the whole Org. with 2 bronze medals in the lower classes. The topper was when after the final score was announced and our drum major accepted the 1st place trophy, he took and raised The Knights Sword up over his head.......THE CROWD WENT NUTS!!

It was amazing to watch on the satelite feed!!! No one broke 90!!! I was shocked!!! Man did that sword look good! We miss it!

I haven't given an update lately, so I figured it was time.

I am very pleased to say that the members of Feenicks are working very hard, although we're not placing as high as we'd like too. But we've got some secret plans that might help us with that... :smile:

:smile:

Our next show is not untill the 20th in Tempe, AZ (the home of The Academy!), so the students are getting some time off, and the ones interested in doing an I&E can get some time to work on their performance. An annoucment will be made soon of exactly who's performing.

The Corps of Unspecified Identity is pleased to have the highest score posted from yesterdays competitions. We hope to continue this trend for the remainder of the season.

Oh my!!! Kids were excited after Fullerton's results were announced, outscoring Glory for the first time this off-season. What a great night and what an uproar by the crowd... words can't explain...