DCPI-13 Here We Go!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wahoo! Jupiter breaks 91 in Augusta last night! It helps have a cousin for a GE Judge. :blink:

:blink: So... is that the secret to scoring well? :blink:

Time for the last day of the regular season before championships week kicks off. We're moving into Tennessee and we've got both ends of the Volunteer State bookended.

In the east, Chattanooga's Finley Stadium hosts a number of corps jockeying for position heading into Nashville:

ChattanoogaTNFinleyStadium28000.jpg

And on the west side of the state, Memphis' Liberty Bowl is about the only venue big enough to host the nearly 50 corps that will be competing in this season's Fanfare Championships:

MemphisTNLibertyBowl65000.jpg

uggg!!!! was out of town over the weekend and wasn't able to update captions until Sunday... poop!

Given the jump most made over the weekend, however, I don't think my changes will do all that good...

Welcome to Finals Week!

Nashville TN turns into Drum Corps City USA this week. I+E events will be split between the Nashville Municipal Auditorium and the stage of the Grand Ole Opry.

Preliminary events for Open and Class A corps will take place at Tennessee State University's Hale Stadium:

NashvilleTNHaleStadium14000.jpg

LP Coliseum hosts all World Class events and main events for Open/A class

NashvilleTNLPField65000-1.jpg

Unspecified and the City Council are feeling great after their recent shows. Dude, Where's My Corps? was a little bit disappointed with their finish last night but we're still confident going into finals.

All the kids are participating in I & E and we're looking forward to seeing the results!

I leave town on Thursday (flying back to Wisconsin to visit friends and party) and might be too busy over the weekend to log on... so I guess I'll have to wait until next week to see the results of Championships week! :smile:

barely edging out a spot in semi-finals. Corps got a little cocky that week before finals and now we're paying the price. A lot of mental exercises have been practiced this past week as we gear Raincross up for round two of the off-season championships.

Prelims isn't a curse, right?

I hope we don't win tonight.

Prelims isn't a curse, right?

I hope we don't win tonight.

The kiss of death my friend sorry. Happened to me before. Many of us been there. Maybe you will break the curse.

Edited by StarOrg