Crusaders will not field a competition corps for 2010

If you go back and read the original post, it doesn't appear that the problems Cru are experiencing are related to bodies on the field so much as decisions made by corps management off the field. Simply moving the base of operations won't solve those problems or problems resulting from poor business decisions. I wish Cru the best in getting their house in order and returning to the field soon!

U just have to love ignorance! I am sure you know everything from New Hampshire! :tongue:

I will tell you this........ after a 12 year run on the board of directors, I retired in September for personal reasons, but I guarantee there will be a resurrection of the Crusaders..... :blink: !

Being there for the last one in 2005 said it simply: " We Go On!"

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heat Wave almost called it quits the year they won the "A" Class championships. Good thing the corps came together and worked so hard.

There you go,thats what I'm talking about.Hanging in there and toughing it out.You were all very fortunate to turn it around in the same season.(very difficult)

To all the friends and foes of the fabulous Rochester Crusaders, it is with great sadness that I have the duty to inform the drum corps community that the Rochester Crusaders Drum Corps will not field a competition corps for the 2010 season. The Board of Directors along with many of our alumni has decided to suspend all competitive drum corps activities this season in order to reorganize our business operations. The Rochester Crusaders as a founding member of DCA, has a history of producing powerful horn lines, awesome drum lines and fantastic visuals for over 63 years. While we are in the process of rebuilding our program, we will miss our many fans and supporters. The Board of Directors with the support of our alumni, fiends and fans alike will be challenged to find the resources which will allow us to return to the field and continue the Crusade.

David Hillestad

Rochester Crusaders

Business Manger

To the Crusaders and my friend Bill Hoyt .... sorry to hear the news and wish you BEST OF LUCK with your reorganization, and hope to see you back in competitive action soon .... Paul Christopher.

U just have to love ignorance! I am sure you know everything from New Hampshire! :tongue:

I will tell you this........ after a 12 year run on the board of directors, I retired in September for personal reasons, but I guarantee there will be a resurrection of the Crusaders..... :ph34r: !

Being there for the last one in 2005 said it simply: " We Go On!"

No doubt Golde. See ya soon brother.

Don

If you go back and read the original post, it doesn't appear that the problems Cru are experiencing are related to bodies on the field so much as decisions made by corps management off the field. Simply moving the base of operations won't solve those problems or problems resulting from poor business decisions. I wish Cru the best in getting their house in order and returning to the field soon!

AND, if you read my post, I said a move MAY be a timely idea. I also said that, if the corps management felt a move was necessary, that was their decision. I am not involved with the Crusader management so I don't know exactly what prompted the decision to go inactive. However, I am an alumni of the corps and know many of those involved. Many, MANY terrific people who live and breath for the corps. I, like many on here, are only assuming what the circumstances are. Also,in a previous post, I stated something very similar to your observation of the announcement.

Let's just leave it at this; The Crusaders management will do what they need to do to reorganize and come back to the activity ASAP. We love you and wish nothing but the best.

No doubt Golde. See ya soon brother.

Don

Thanks, Don and Tommy D!!

Don, I hear great things about our friends from the North!

and Tommy......Yolu are truly Crusader Alumnus and we have heard from many who "bleed GREEN" like yourself! Thank you both very much!

Unfortunately ( IMHO ) when times are bad financially activities which use up a large portion of a person's free time are one of the first to suffer.

Rochester has been hit very hard with the demise of Eastman Kodak.

To all of you who continue to march ( THANKYOU ), I'll be out at contests cheering you on!

Hopefully in the future I'll be cheering the Fabulous Crusaders also!

To all of the Crusader Family. We love you all and hope that Cru pulls threw this trying time in the corps history. Please come back it will not be the same with out the Cru. Always remeber as a great crusader once said " Once a Crusader always a Crusader.

Your Friends in Cincinnati,

The Cinncy Cru

Not even gonna quote any of above posts but will point out that there are TWO DCPers from NH posting on this thread....

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

I wish the Rochester Crusaders all the best. God Speed.