Crusaders will not field a competition corps for 2010

I wish the Rochester Crusaders all the best. God Speed.

This IS an appropriate response regarding Cru's announcement of inactivity IMO. Speculation as to why, who, what, is really not in Cru's best interest nor that of the posters.

Is it really necessary for some DCPers to respond to everything....just to see their name in print? (My pet peeve).

It was an announcemnet .........PERIOD. Just sayin.........

GO CRU !!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this necessary? Does this help your corps get back on the field? Or is this kind of name-calling back and forth by grown adults who should know better evidence of why there's a problem in the first place?

This was a personal attack on me and nothing to do with the Crusaders, However I will take the high road from now on with people who are so easily offended by the truth and facts. If anyone cares to hear them, they can PM me and ask for it.

I have no affiliation with the Crusaders presently after donating my time,money and sweat equity into the Crusaders for the last 12 years as a Bari player, Vibraphone and percussion accessory player,Board President and Member, Assistant Director,Fundraiser, Bingo Worker, Truck Driver, Water re-filler for the practice field jugs and true "Green" bleeder!

I decided to retire after DCA Championships to pursue a new venture in my life(with my wife) and felt I could not pour my soul into the Crusaders anymore and would give others the same opportunity as the Crusaders afforded me.......Education,Camaraderie and competitive spirit!

I pray for the resurrection of the Crusaders Corps and wish all those involved good luck and perseverance, as I have been thru it before in 2004 it takes bold steps and many hands to make it work and hope that is the course of action taken!!

I have no connection to the Crusaders other than being a fan. I just hate to see people airing their dirty laundry in a forum like this.

Good luck, Cru.

Ditto ~ Hope the corps can overcome whatever issues they have both on and off the field. And most certainly in private....

Gary, there's no harm in spending time with your wife. I did it and I love it. I miss corps whether it's Crusaders or Sun Devils or Statesmen but you and I aren't getting any younger and family time is very good.

As for our NH "friend," he has always run his mouth off and we all know him well. Lets hope the corps gets back up and running soon. God bless you Gary. Thanks for all your loyalty to the Crusaders and to NY drum corps.

This was a personal attack on me and nothing to do with the Crusaders, However I will take the high road from now on with people who are so easily offended by the truth and facts. If anyone cares to hear them, they can PM me and ask for it.

I have no affiliation with the Crusaders presently after donating my time,money and sweat equity into the Crusaders for the last 12 years as a Bari player, Vibraphone and percussion accessory player,Board President and Member, Assistant Director,Fundraiser, Bingo Worker, Truck Driver, Water re-filler for the practice field jugs and true "Green" bleeder!

I decided to retire after DCA Championships to pursue a new venture in my life(with my wife) and felt I could not pour my soul into the Crusaders anymore and would give others the same opportunity as the Crusaders afforded me.......Education,Camaraderie and competitive spirit!

I pray for the resurrection of the Crusaders Corps and wish all those involved good luck and perseverance, as I have been thru it before in 2004 it takes bold steps and many hands to make it work and hope that is the course of action taken!!

Gary, there's no harm in spending time with your wife. I did it and I love it. I miss corps whether it's Crusaders or Sun Devils or Statesmen but you and I aren't getting any younger and family time is very good.

As for our NH "friend," he has always run his mouth off and we all know him well. Lets hope the corps gets back up and running soon. God bless you Gary. Thanks for all your loyalty to the Crusaders and to NY drum corps.

Thank you,Keith for your support and I understand the peoples comments but believe me, I have no "dirty laundry" in my closet and wish you all well in the drum corps world! It has been and always be a big part of my life and just can't get past the rush of hearing a great performance from all divisions and kinds of drum corps orientated groups!! :laughing:

Gary,

I see "Grumpy" often in the DCI forums. It may not be who you think it is.

Donny

Gary you are a great guy and Susie and I love ya. I hope that Cru comes back out just as strong as it was when we marched. Even if we are not with Cru as Marching memebers Cru is always in are hearts. We love you all.

And THREE CHEERS FOR THE CORPS!!!!! HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!! HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!!!!! HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!!! C---R----U!!!!!

Jason and Susie Stackhouse

The Cinncy Cru

Just to give you a nudge....remember

the once or twice we beat Greece? Wasn't it at Penn York Championships in 1970 and then at US Open in 1972....yea that's the ticket! LOL Love ya man!

Thank you,Keith for your support and I understand the peoples comments but believe me, I have no "dirty laundry" in my closet and wish you all well in the drum corps world! It has been and always be a big part of my life and just can't get past the rush of hearing a great performance from all divisions and kinds of drum corps orientated groups!! :inlove:

Just to give you a nudge....remember

the once or twice we beat Greece? Wasn't it at Penn York Championships in 1970 and then at US Open in 1972....yea that's the ticket! LOL Love ya man!

Lmao! Your killin' me, Keith! All I remember is watching the tri-town cadets come out in their farmers jeans and straw hats and rolling on the ground laughing until they beat us all! :inlove: