Mini-Corps Ensembles?

If I understand the rule quoted....then your champion Star United cannot be the champion. Is that right?

Star United is evil. And must be destroyed.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW... The Ghost Riders were born by ex Hamburg Kingsmen and St Joes Alumni for the record. They have the longest consecutive running of DCA competitions in the mini corps arena.

One of the groups that had me wondering, but never knew the Kingsmen connection. Can't wait to tell one of our guys who is an ex-Pittsburgh Rocket and goes to A&E. He has an adjective for Hamburg that usually starts with the letter 'F' :worthy: . As is "we never could beat those ####### Kingsmen".

That's part of my corn-fusion. Here GR is connected by the members past but if a GR member doesn't have that connection then ??????. Not grumping as IMO more the merrier but sure if someone can find a reason to squak... they will...

Now lets all sing the song....H-I-L, T-O-N, S-U-C-K-S (to the melody of the Mickey Mouse good bye tune)...Lets do the Phoenix version!

All right bus songs.... Ream and I have some good ones. :worthy: Mainly about other corps we belong or belonged to..... :worthy:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

4 Questions.

1 - It is my understanding that DCA "Does Not" have a "Mini Corps Division" (OP). They DO however, sponsor a "Mini Corps Contest" that takes place at the DCA Championship Weekend. Is that not correct?

2 - Do MCA and SCDA use any or all of DCA Rules (Score sheets etc)?

3 - ( and just because I do not know) Who is "Mass Brass" connected in some way with?

4 - Could, say a Hawthorne Cabs put TWO groups in the DCA "Mini Corps" contest then. One for the Alumni Corps, amd another for the Field Corps?

The members of Mass Brass have marched with.............................

St. Kevin's Alumni

Blessed Sacrament Alumni

Boston Crusaders Alumni

Light Brigade Alumni

Defenders Alumni

Syracuse Brigadiers

Rochester Crusaders

Ct. Hurricanes

RI Matadors

RI Generations

I've been a member since 04 & I'm pretty sure every single member since then can point to 1 (or more)

of the above & say are or have been a member. And I'm sure I'm missing some corps.

Bill - you don't have to get defensive... anyone who counts - knows and frankly, now Mass Brass is a drum corps entity unto itself...

To say that someone in a group like Mass Brass can't compete in I&E/Mini Corps if they had no previous drum corps experience is the same as saying that a first year member of Minnesota Brass or Buccaneers can not compete in I&E/Mini Corps because they have no previous corps experience... let's not get stupid here... we want to encourage people to join in whatever aspect of the activity fits them best... not block them.

The rules have a purpose and that is to promote the all aged drum corps activity. These rules would not allow a junior corps to finish DCI and decide that since there's 3 weeks left we'll go compete in DCA... These rules would tell the snare drummer who just marched blue devils that he CAN'T compete in DCA I&E until he marches in an all aged or alumni corps... As I said before, the rules are intended to include people - not exclude them... but all the while protecting the all aged activity.

Just for you Bill, I watched my dvd of Matadors in 77 prelims and 78 finals... you guys were so much better than you got credit for...

The members of Mass Brass have marched with.............................

St. Kevin's Alumni

Blessed Sacrament Alumni

Boston Crusaders Alumni

Light Brigade Alumni

Defenders Alumni

Syracuse Brigadiers

Rochester Crusaders

Ct. Hurricanes

RI Matadors

RI Generations

I've been a member since 04 & I'm pretty sure every single member since then can point to 1 (or more)

of the above & say are or have been a member. And I'm sure I'm missing some corps.

Bill:

Which Explains also why they are SO Great.

Tom:

Well although I may be the last person (anyone who counts - knows) on earth to find out. I meant Nothing Bad, and Did Not mean they did not belong. I just did not know IF, they had a particular group attachment. Just as The "Florida Brass Alumni" and "Brooklyn United" are a mix of Many different groups.

(sad to be thought of as someone that does not "count" and ... "stupid" here )

I found Gary's Answer, to my 4 QUESTIONS to be what I was looking for Nothing more

Edited by OldStyleCorps

And for the record...GR still has guys that march and play with St Joes and Rochester Crusaders and Empire Statesmen presently. Sure we have some kids that go do DCI or have done DCI, but they also did DCA BEFORE DCI most of them. And still participate with St Joes on Labor Day weekend and all winter at the indoor shows.

It was started by the Hamburg guys that were in St Joes back in the day...

DA

And for the record...GR still has guys that march and play with St Joes and Rochester Crusaders and Empire Statesmen presently. Sure we have some kids that go do DCI or have done DCI, but they also did DCA BEFORE DCI most of them. And still participate with St Joes on Labor Day weekend and all winter at the indoor shows.

It was started by the Hamburg guys that were in St Joes back in the day...

DA

Same here Donnie......

The West Sayville Golden Eagles are a stand alone mini corps who have members that have marched, or are currently marching in MANY DCA/DCI corps. (Cabs, Hurcs, Bush, Sun, Fusion, Sky, Kilties, Cadets, Crossmen, 27th Lancers,...the list goes on....) Heck, we even have a member (Bob Murphy) that is probably old enough to be some of your grandfathers!!! (Well....excluding Tom, Dick and Donnie!!! (No....NOT Harry!) LOL)

I hope those "stand alone" implications were not directed at us.......

BY THE WAY, the West Sayville Golden Eagles will be celebrating our 59th year of competition in 2010!!!! :worthy:

Same here Donnie......

The West Sayville Golden Eagles are a stand alone mini corps who have members that have marched, or are currently marching in MANY DCA/DCI corps. (Cabs, Hurcs, Bush, Sun, Fusion, Sky, Kilties, Cadets, Crossmen, 27th Lancers,...the list goes on....) Heck, we even have a member (Bob Murphy) that is probably old enough to be some of your grandfathers!!! (Well....excluding Tom, Dick and Donnie!!! (No....NOT Harry!) LOL)

I hope those "stand alone" implications were not directed at us.......

BY THE WAY, the West Sayville Golden Eagles will be celebrating our 59th year of competition in 2010!!!! :worthy:

No,................not at all,...............as a matter of fact, my view is to be as inclusive as possible.................after my post a couple days ago, I sent a PM reply to an indivisual, an excerpt of which goes like this:

really, it's not that i have problem with being as inclusive as possible.................I just think the rule is written poorly, and the reply to the original poster sounded exclusive to me............that is the part I don't understand...............

Edited by Gary Matczak

...poorly written rules should probably be examined and written again for everyone to understand.

There is another circuit (sort of) that is always looking for membership in the mini corps arena called MCA. Go to the facebook page for more info,

DA