Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

I like the 2003-2005 look.......I like the color scheme.... but I would make the front a

full flur-dul-lis.... It that huge flur doesnt stick out and say "hey=were Madison !!" I dont

know what would. just mho.......

but Im still a fan and enjoy you guys !!!!

Jim Moore with Scouts this weekend~ "Work your magic J.M."

Nice. :tongue:

Let's talk out loud just a little. Madison's first show they will see 4 (Glassmen, Cavies, Blue Coats, and PR) of the Top 12. Is their a chance that Madison can surprise one or two of these corps coming out the gate?

I have heard ... 32 guard. As we ALL know a problem spot for the corps in recent years has been the guard and visual programs. Jim Moore is coming in this weekend I hear to work on the guard. What do you think Madison will have to do or should I say improve on the most this year to move up?

I have heard so many things from those in the know about the show and how it's coming together etc., and I can't help but wonder could Madison pull off a Boston come back like BAC did in 2000.

I guess we'll all know in just over 2 weeks.

Edited by RBarron10

Let's talk out loud just a little. Madison's first show they will see 4 (Glassmen, Cavies, Blue Coats, and PR) of the Top 12. Is their a chance that Madison can surprise one or two of these corps coming out the gate?

I have heard ... 32 guard. As we ALL know a problem spot for the corps in recent years has been the guard and visual programs. Jim Moore is coming in this weekend I hear to work on the guard. What do you think Madison will have to do or should I say improve on the most this year to move up?

I have heard so many things from those in the know about the show and how it's coming together etc., and I can't help but wonder could Madison pull off a Boston come back like BAC did in 2000.

Glassmen are most definitely a prime target and likely to be knocked off by Madison. Though personally I've always thought they were overrated score-wise throughout the past few years, even considering their 10th-11th place finishes, so I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed ahead of Madison regardless.

I just don't see PR, Bluecoats, or Cavaliers falling THAT much and Madison being THAT much better, but it would be very cool if there was some jumping around in those places.

If they can improve visual scores you'll definitely see Madison climbing the ropes. Not sure how that's gonna work with the spats and guard uniforms though, but all you can do right now is hope that it's under control in the design.

And we still don't know if the judges are going to react positively to all the "throwback" design methods they're using this year. SCV had a wonderful music-based show theme last year, so I hope the judges don't pull a fast one and decide the theme doesn't work.

Yep, we'll know in just over 2 weeks :tongue:

Favorite Madison unis in recent history:

1. 88-02: iconic. classic. this is what they should go back to.

2. 06: i loved this uniform. best since the 03 change.

3. 03-05: a good uniform. i liked the 03 version better than the 05.

4. 08: interesting on paper. bad in practice.

5. 09: a bad uniform made worse with the red sash.

6. 07: maybe one of the worst looking uniforms ever.

My thoughts, Madison will indeed top one or two of the top ten at some point in the season.. But first show PR, Cavies, Madison and Glassmen are gonna score the same as the shows in 2009..

Cavies 75

PR 72

Glass 66

Scouts 65

Three shows later...

75 them

74 them

73 them

69 and them

Edited by Cop

I dont know about anybody else, but never in 6 years of marching in this Corps did I ever go into a show and think we were not going to win it. Its a mindset, to be the best product on the field. And having a great staff doesnt suck either.

I doubt Madison will beat any of those four corps coming out of the gate. Traditionally, the judging of the first few shows EXACTLY matches finals placement of the year before.

It takes about three shows under the judges belts (and having conversations with each other) before there is any movement from the year before.