Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

So, 3 days of rehearsal coming up. Anyone have any idea about what's on the agenda for those 3 days? Additions? Rewrites? Or just lots and lots of cleaning?

Regardless, work hard men. Your season is yet to be determined. Keep pressing!

So, 3 days of rehearsal coming up. Anyone have any idea about what's on the agenda for those 3 days? Additions? Rewrites? Or just lots and lots of cleaning?

Regardless, work hard men. Your season is yet to be determined. Keep pressing!

Hoping for some cleaning and for them to pass 80 on their next outing! Got to get back past Glassmen, and start reeling in the Blue Stars again!

Hoping for some cleaning and for them to pass 80 on their next outing! Got to get back past Glassmen, and start reeling in the Blue Stars again!

I'm sure the guys are getting their butts kicked in these rehearsal days. Trust me, no one is looking forward to a show day more than the members. Rehearsal days are necessary and usually can get a lot accomplished, but man are they tough. :tongue:

Also, I don't think it's unrealistic at all to see them above 80 Friday, Saturday or both. I absolutely think that BS, Boston and BK are all in reach. Looking forward to the rest of the season! :thumbup:

Looks like the Scouts are set to receive 20K from Chase Community Giving. Can anyone confirm?

I believe that is indeed true.

Looks like the Scouts are set to receive 20K from Chase Community Giving. Can anyone confirm?

From the Scouts face book page:

There are 10 drum corps that finished in the $$

Scouts 51st place

Blue Stars 67th

Boston 73rd

Bluecoats 77th

Jersey Surf 78th

Troopers 89th

Pacific Crest 103rd

Alliance 146th

Spirit 147th

Music City Legend 194th

Congrats to all involved.

I'm sure the guys are getting their butts kicked in these rehearsal days. Trust me, no one is looking forward to a show day more than the members. Rehearsal days are necessary and usually can get a lot accomplished, but man are they tough. :tongue:

Also, I don't think it's unrealistic at all to see them above 80 Friday, Saturday or both. I absolutely think that BS, Boston and BK are all in reach. Looking forward to the rest of the season! :thumbup:

The Scouts are going on 2 1/2 to 3 hours before any of the corps you listed, so that's going to be tough.

Lets hope they bring their A game to the Show in La Crosse the night before and get up in the 80's, hopefully in the 81 to 82 range to set the stage for Sat.

There were some comments on here a page or 2 back about their drumline scores.

I spoke with some guys in the drumline and they thought they had their best show to date (by far) in Kalamazoo.

The percussion judge that night, Dan Bryan, gave them their lowest score in over a week - lets hope he isn't in La Crosse or Mpls. this weekend.

That's the plan, but scores are proving awful hard to predict this season. Pioneer dropped in score after almost a week of straight practice with no contests due to a rainout. THAT had to be hard to swallow.

That's the plan, but scores are proving awful hard to predict this season. Pioneer dropped in score after almost a week of straight practice with no contests due to a rainout. THAT had to be hard to swallow.

No doubt. It's so weird seeing a corps come off 3 or more straight rehearsal days and only come up like a .10th (or worse, a drop in scoring) while another corps gets a 2-3pt. bump between two shows on consecutive days. And I'm not just talking "raw" scores...but spreads that will jump that much from one show to the next.

I think the bunching in that 8-12 grouping is as exciting as what is happening in the 1-5 grouping at the moment.

From the Scouts face book page:

There are 10 drum corps that finished in the $$

Scouts 51st place

Blue Stars 67th

Boston 73rd

Bluecoats 77th

Jersey Surf 78th

Troopers 89th

Pacific Crest 103rd

Alliance 146th

Spirit 147th

Music City Legend 194th

Congrats to all involved.

I got about 40 or more facebook friends to vote for the Scouts and none of them know anything about drum corps. Glad they are getting a nice infusion of cash!