Attention drummers, the Blue Devils have snare drums again!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real difference will be how the quads sound. I more partial to Yamaha Snares, especially the way BD had them sound in 98-99, But I LOVE the Pearl tenor sound. Can't wait to hear a clip of BD's tenor line on Pearls!!!

The real difference will be how the quads sound. I more partial to Yamaha Snares, especially the way BD had them sound in 98-99, But I LOVE the Pearl tenor sound. Can't wait to hear a clip of BD's tenor line on Pearls!!!

:worthy:

quarter chub

I guess BD's snare sound last year doesn't mean anything.

Dynastys do not sound like "cardboard boxes". No matter how much you want them to, they will never sound anything like cardboard boxes. It's in the tuning. Heads, to a certain amount to-BD switched to Evans heads last year, so that might be the difference between 08 and 09.

quarter chub

raging semi

I guess BD's snare sound last year doesn't mean anything.

Dynastys do not sound like "cardboard boxes". No matter how much you want them to, they will never sound anything like cardboard boxes. It's in the tuning. Heads, to a certain amount to-BD switched to Evans heads last year, so that might be the difference between 08 and 09.

Dynasty drums sound horrible, IMO; it's an insult to cardboard boxes to compare them to Dynasty snares :ph34r:

If how can you say "it's in the tuning," when clearly BD's snare drum sound now is SUBSTANTIALLY better than anything that they've had since they've been on Dynasty drums. It is undeniable that the characteristic sound of BD's snareline is currently fuller, slightly darker, and stronger than anything they've sounded like on Dynasty snares. That's not tuning: that's drum construction, and Dynasty's is of poorer quality top to bottom than Pearl, or Yamaha.

raging semi

Sorry for your loss - or is it gain? :ph34r:

Dynasty drums sound horrible, IMO; it's an insult to cardboard boxes to compare them to Dynasty snares :ph34r:

If how can you say "it's in the tuning," when clearly BD's snare drum sound now is SUBSTANTIALLY better than anything that they've had since they've been on Dynasty drums. It is undeniable that the characteristic sound of BD's snareline is currently fuller, slightly darker, and stronger than anything they've sounded like on Dynasty snares. That's not tuning: that's drum construction, and Dynasty's is of poorer quality top to bottom than Pearl, or Yamaha.

Sure, but you completely ignored my comment about 08 vs. 09. The snare sound in 08 was extremely dry, and their worst snare sound to date. However, compare that to 09-very wet snare sound, almost identical to the sound I hear in the pearl drums on the video. I'll give that the Pearls have a somewhat fuller sound to them-but otherwise, I can't really hear much of a difference, really. Then again, people do have this nasty habit of perceiving what they want to believe...