Okay, so a while ago I brought up some conversation about the General Butler Vagabonds being included in DCA's stats as a competing corps, to eventually clear up the subject where it was the Ft. Edward Vagabonds, and not GBV who competed in DCA in the mid 80's,................the whole thing came up as I discovered the GBV had stats listed for in various places showing them having scores in both DCA and DCI circuits, then, I stated that I thought I had seen GBV's buses at DCA finals,...........

Well, I woke up and thought, you know GBV and CMCC Warriors both had purple and white buses, maybe it was CMCC buses I remember seeing.................so I did some poking around, and find that CMCC has stats listed for both DCA and DCI in 1985,...........so the question in my mind now is: Did CMCC Warriors compete in both DCA and DCI in the same 1985 season?

Below are the listed scores and placements,.............

DCI - 1985 - 312 - 46.500

DCA - 1985 - 17 - 40.450

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they competed in 85, 86 & 87

If they did both DCI and DCA in 85... oops... I was judging that year and would have paid no attention to such things...

Okay, so a while ago I brought up some conversation about the General Butler Vagabonds being included in DCA's stats as a competing corps, to eventually clear up the subject where it was the Ft. Edward Vagabonds, and not GBV who competed in DCA in the mid 80's,................the whole thing came up as I discovered the GBV had stats listed for in various places showing them having scores in both DCA and DCI circuits, then, I stated that I thought I had seen GBV's buses at DCA finals,...........

Well, I woke up and thought, you know GBV and CMCC Warriors both had purple and white buses, maybe it was CMCC buses I remember seeing.................so I did some poking around, and find that CMCC has stats listed for both DCA and DCI in 1985,...........so the question in my mind now is: Did CMCC Warriors compete in both DCA and DCI in the same 1985 season?

Below are the listed scores and placements,.............

DCA - 1985 - 17 - 40.450

for DCI...is it possible they performed as a DCA corps and got scores? Because DCI didn't have 312 corps at prelims

for DCI...is it possible they performed as a DCA corps and got scores? Because DCI didn't have 312 corps at prelims

Taking 312 as the corpsreps placings so 12th place in Div III or whatever the 300 section meant in 1985 (can't get to corpsreps from work).

Remember seeing CMCC other years at Allentown DCA Prelims but 1985 I was a bit too busy to see them.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Jim's right,..............312 means 12th place in DIII..............

oh. hmmm

I competed against CMCC in 1979 when I marched with a jr corps. I also saw CMCC in DCA in the 1980's and they wore the same uniforms so I would assume(yeah, I know) that it was the DCI corps.

312 corps in 1985.

And now, thanks to the ###### electronics and stuff... there's what, 10?????

:flower::w00t::flower:

Fran

312 corps in 1985.

And now, thanks to the ###### electronics and stuff... there's what, 10?????

:rolleyes::blink::blink:

Fran

:rolleyes:

Usual disclaimer