Warriors/Maine's Marching Ambassadors competed at DCA in 1985, 1986 and 1987.

CMCC Warriors competed at DCA in 1986 and 1987.

87 was listed as Lewiston Maine Marching Ambassadors

you guys are confusing me... so the Maine corps used both names.... CMCC was DCI in '85 - the last place corps in '85 was Maine Warriors...

It still appears that CMCC competed in DCA in 86 & 87 as BOTH corps are listed...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

87 was listed as Lewiston Maine Marching Ambassadors

you guys are confusing me... so the Maine corps used both names.... CMCC was DCI in '85 - the last place corps in '85 was Maine Warriors...

It still appears that CMCC competed in DCA in 86 & 87 as BOTH corps are listed...

Link has a pic I took of the Prelims board at DCA. Corps listed have "Maine Warriors" and "CMCC Warriors". Next problem is I never wrote down what year this is from. :smile:

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/Kris...pg&newest=1

Thought the Mainers used both names (Maines Marching Ambassadors and Pine Tree Warriors) but forget where I read that. To add to the confusion the Maine Warriors were a Jr corps in the early 60s (like CMCC) and I saw that on NanciDs blog.

Edit: I cheated and looked at Rons site - looks like the 1986 "high tech" Prelims board. :smile:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

so the Maine corps used both names....

Yes, pretty much. I remember it was confusing back then, too.

Fran

me too... that's '86

For those who don't know the significance of '86... Bush won finals out of no where... Amazingly, it was the first show they had ever won - period... came in second and third a lot but never won a show prior to finals...

I was in the box for that one too... I was very fortunate...

me too... that's '86

For those who don't know the significance of '86... Bush won finals out of no where... Amazingly, it was the first show they had ever won - period... came in second and third a lot but never won a show prior to finals...

And I missed the fun.... :tongue: During the mid 80s, my sister and I would drive to Prelims at Allentown, catch all the corps at Prelims and then get home in time for supper. Then a few weeks later I'd get the recordings. The year Finals was rained out we didn't know about it until I talked to someone in Westshore about two weeks later.

me too... that's '86

lol, i remember RAMD discussions about the other end of that finals show :tongue:

lol, i remember RAMD discussions about the other end of that finals show :tongue:

That was an interesting weekend, to say the least.

With history made at Finals.

Fran

me too... that's '86

:tongue:

In the September, 1985 issue of Drum Corps World, in the Scorpsboard section where, in those days, the standard procedure was to list the name and home state of a corps, we see:

Warriors,ME 40.45

In the official DCA results that get printed in present-day championship programs, we see for 1986:

Warriors,Lewiston,ME

and for 1987:

Marching Ambassadors,Lewiston,ME

From this, it appears that for 1985 and 1986 the corps was called the Warriors with "Maine's Marching Ambassadors" functioning as a "nickname". In 1987, the corps apparently dropped "Warriors" and used "Maine's Marching Ambassadors" as their name.