• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A year or so ago we had a spirited discussion of what "Vagabonds" corps competed in the 1984 and 1985 DCA Championship prelims. The Keeper of the DCA Championship Scores (Tom Peashey) finally agreed the listings were incorrect and changed the General Butler Vagabonds to the Fort Edward Vagabonds. I believe we have here another mistake that needs to be corrected. I have in front of me the September 1985 issue of Drum Corps World and the following are direct quotes from that issue:

Notes from Allentown

by H. Worth Ake

Preliminary Notes

Lewiston, ME, Marching Ambassadors, the Warriors, with 12H/11P/7F/4R/4AF/DM entered.

Maine Warriors' score was 40.45 (seventeenth; GE overall,sixteenth).

Non-finalist corps highlight DCA prelims

by David Greiner

The smallest corps in prelims, Maine's Marching Ambassadors, the Warriors from Lewiston opened with El Tigre, Boogie Down, concert of Bandstand Boogie, medley of Fame and closed with Chasing Rainbows, Over the Rainbow and Magnificent Seven, all highlighting their rainbow theme. Final score, 40.45 and seventeenth place.

that would explain a lot... ironically, H. Worth Ake is the originator of these records... can we confirm that 86 and 87 were CMCC? As I see it now, 85 was the Maine Warriors - how about 86 and 87? I do remember CMCC at some point...

think it was in the 1970's...CMCC

that would explain a lot... ironically, H. Worth Ake is the originator of these records... can we confirm that 86 and 87 were CMCC? As I see it now, 85 was the Maine Warriors - how about 86 and 87? I do remember CMCC at some point...

I'm pretty sure CMCC was there in 1987, at prelims. The 23-corps "rain show." Might have been there in '86, too.

I definitely remember the Maine Pine Tree Warriors/Marching Ambassadors at DCAs in the mid-80s.

Fran

I'm pretty sure CMCC was there in 1987, at prelims. The 23-corps "rain show." Might have been there in '86, too.

I definitely remember the Maine Pine Tree Warriors/Marching Ambassadors at DCAs in the mid-80s.

Fran

which would explain why I remember them so well... I was on GE Visual at that prelims...

Warriors/Maine's Marching Ambassadors competed at DCA in 1985, 1986 and 1987.

CMCC Warriors competed at DCA in 1986 and 1987.

I was marching with Atlas during those years