If You Had to Choose...

Which Would You Rather  

178 members have voted

1. 1. I would rather...

• Let Drum Corps die than let woodwinds in
    • Have Drum Corps continue, losing some traditions and adding woodwinds, but still exist.

No one would be denied anything. There are thousands of marching bands across the country kids can march in. What's the difference?

Obviously nothing....thats why this is just not a big deal at all.... :smile:

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When woodwinds are voted in I would also like a rule past that each corps using woodwinds must play Send in the Clowns or at least use the voice option to say, "Don't Bother, they're Here" :smile:

Drum & BUGLE corps is already dead so why not let woodwinds in to DCI ?

:smile::smile:

Even if DCI lets in woodwinds, there's still DCA. So, Drum Corps will never die.

I voted to rather let drum corps die. If woodwinds are added in, that seems way to much like regular marching band to me. I've got nothing against woodwind instruments; I play one! Not allowing woodwinds into drum corps also would not take away students' oppurtunities from participating. They can either decide to join the color guard or they can pick up a new instrument and learn it. I personally have gone on the color guard path, but I know of several people who are originially woodwind players that have decided to learn one of the hornline instruments and joined drum corps. Drum corps should stay as it is. :smile:

No one would be denied anything. There are thousands of marching bands across the country kids can march in. What's the difference?

Tour fees, for one, comes to mind.

Tour fees, for one, comes to mind.

rookie talent night, for two, comes to mind :smile:

Which is also what people said in the 60's, 70's, 80's, etc.....

yeah when there were more corps and more fans.

way to support the other side's argument here Mike

yeah when there were more corps and more fans.

way to support the other side's argument here Mike

Hardly. More kids march and compete today than in any era. The changes made are what have gotten marching/music to that point. With no DCI type of organization IMO there would be NO summer junior activity left, and maybe DCA would be gone by now as well.

Hardly. More kids march and compete today than in any era. The changes made are what have gotten marching/music to that point. With no DCI type of organization IMO there would be NO summer junior activity left, and maybe DCA would be gone by now as well.

BAHAHAHAHAHA

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH