Go to Lucas Oil Stadium!

This is just came to me when I read some of people's comments in the Lucas Sound thread.

Are we sure that "boycotting" DCI World Championships will really get things to change in terms of improving the sound quality of Lucas Oil Stadium? I mean fixing the problem would involve money and if people boycott DCI's biggest cash cow then where is DCI going to get the cash to fix Lucas Oil Stadium? I feel that it may just be vicious cycle where DCI gets to a point where they see they need to change but thanks to boycotts can't afford to do the changes they want!

Couldn't a lack of adequate attendance at Lucas Oil put DCI out of business before they even have time to fix the problems the general public has concerns about? Not only Lucas sound issues but other organizational issues, that if solved, could make DCI a better organization and drum corps a better activity?

Please, if you can go Lucas Oil, GO! Its sucks just as much to play in the dome as it does to listen to people play in it! But, I think it’s in everyone's best interest to attend DCI World Champions. By all means, make sure DCI knows that the sound sucks, just don't do it in a way that could potentially topple the organization! I personally think that the more revenue DCI has the greater the chance they will be able to make positive changes to the activity. Starving them won't make it any easier and you just make the problem worse! Think of your ticket as an investment to a brighter future in DCI.

Give DCI the money they need to fix the problem, give the performers an audience they deserve while performing their final shows, and give the future of DCI a fighting chance!

GO TO DCI WORLD FINALS AT LUCAS OIL

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry... I'll let others reply intelligently to your post... I have no brain power at this hour.

I like full stands! I think the good people ad DCI will hear our pleas for changes in some of their programming issues from last year (at least retreat PLEASE!) and whatever sound issues exist will hopefully be improved upon in some way.

We can hope :tongue:

This is just came to me when I read some of people's comments in the Lucas Sound thread.

Are we sure that "boycotting" DCI World Championships will really get things to change in terms of improving the sound quality of Lucas Oil Stadium? I mean fixing the problem would involve money and if people boycott DCI's biggest cash cow then where is DCI going to get the cash to fix Lucas Oil Stadium? I feel that it may just be vicious cycle where DCI gets to a point where they see they need to change but thanks to boycotts can't afford to do the changes they want!

Couldn't a lack of adequate attendance at Lucas Oil put DCI out of business before they even have time to fix the problems the general public has concerns about? Not only Lucas sound issues but other organizational issues, that if solved, could make DCI a better organization and drum corps a better activity?

Please, if you can go Lucas Oil, GO! Its sucks just as much to play in the dome as it does to listen to people play in it! But, I think it’s in everyone's best interest to attend DCI World Champions. By all means, make sure DCI knows that the sound sucks, just don't do it in a way that could potentially topple the organization! I personally think that the more revenue DCI has the greater the chance they will be able to make positive changes to the activity. Starving them won't make it any easier and you just make the problem worse! Think of your ticket as an investment to a brighter future in DCI.

Give DCI the money they need to fix the problem, give the performers an audience they deserve while performing their final shows, and give the future of DCI a fighting chance!

DCI's biggest cash cow ? AAre you sure about this ? ( just wondering, compared to DVD sales and some outdoor shows in great stadiums I don't think finals is the cash cow they were hopeing for and it seems unwise to support the decision to use it.)

DCI will not go out of business as long as there are kids willing to pay $50 to audition and $3500 to join ( not counting air fare to and from camps)

To me, paying to assult my ears in a dome is something I don't want to do, sorry, let those that voted on this deal sink or swim with their vote. Heck, DCI isn't worried about it, why should we ? DCI is ALWATS right....right ?

This goes against everything I was taught.....you reward the correct decisions, not the horrible ones.

My ticket money won't be missed, there are 100's of thousands of woodwind players ready to buy my seat.

Also, as nice as Indiana might be, it's not a vacation spot I want to visit more than once every 20 years.

1. Even if 40,000 people attended finals, and paid $300 a head, there is no way that DCI could afford to "fix" Lucas Oil. The only way to really fix it is to tear off the roof and the sides. It's not going to happen. DCI will make some token efforts at fixing the problem, but there is really nothing they can do. They'll weather the criticism, sit tight in Lucas Oil and, when all is said and done, the decline in attendance will not be that precipitous, audiences will become inured to the sound problems, and finals will be in LOS forever and ever.

2. Most people who say they are not attending finals will simply redirect their spending elsewhere. I'm skipping finals, but I'm going to pay a premium to get the best seats I can for the competitions in Louisville and Murfreesboro. Even if finals attendance drops, DCI may not lose too much revenue . . . and they revenue they do lose may be compensated by the savings garnered from not having to search for a new stadium every year. Again, DCI has every incentive to sit tight and only make token gestures towards the sound problem. Though I hope to God they fix retreat . . . but that's another topic.

3. I refuse to give DCI $75 of my hard-earned money in exchange for $5 worth of sound. DCI is first and foremost a business, not a charity, and I'm going to treat it as such.

DCI's biggest cash cow ? AAre you sure about this ? ( just wondering, compared to DVD sales and some outdoor shows in great stadiums I don't think finals is the cash cow they were hopeing for and it seems unwise to support the decision to use it.)

DCI will not go out of business as long as there are kids willing to pay $50 to audition and $3500 to join ( not counting air fare to and from camps)

To me, paying to assult my ears in a dome is something I don't want to do, sorry, let those that voted on this deal sink or swim with their vote. Heck, DCI isn't worried about it, why should we ? DCI is ALWATS right....right ?

This goes against everything I was taught.....you reward the correct decisions, not the horrible ones.

My ticket money won't be missed, there are 100's of thousands of woodwind players ready to buy my seat.

Also, as nice as Indiana might be, it's not a vacation spot I want to visit more than once every 20 years.

Fantastic spelling and punctuation there, bud. Way to make your point seem intelligent and well thought out. :tongue: Simply glorious.

I feel sorry for the kids who have to pay $3500 PLUS camps and travel. I doubt I'll be paying more than $2500 including audition fees, camp fees, travel, spring training fees, and tour fees. Who makes their kids pay this much? I'm just curious as to where you are getting such information.

And hundreds of thousands of woodwind players willing to buy tickets? WOW. I feel like if this was even remotely true, DCI tickets would be sold out by now.

You sir, are just not making yourself look good.

3. I refuse to give DCI $75 of my hard-earned money in exchange for $5 worth of sound. DCI is first and foremost a business, not a charity, and I'm going to treat it as such.

There ya go, bashing the kids again :tongue:

I won't be going back to Indy. Only the third time in 26 years I will have missed a championship. Other times due to death in family and living out of the country.

My reasons aren't all about sound. It's largely about sight lines too. I am just not interested in paying top dollar to look through a glass panel. Some people in the most expensive seats were actually looking through two glass panels.

No thanks. I can just go to the live telecast at the theater and get that.

I cannot express passionately enough how much I hate that stadium. Love Indy. Love the people there. Had a great time in every other regard. But the viewing experience in that stadium was so odious to me that I wouldn't go back if the tickets were free.