Go to Lucas Oil Stadium!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's not going to be an enjoyable experience or not worth the money, then why go?

If enjoyable and worth the money (and you can get the time off), why not go?

s/ Guy who walked away for 10 years..... then came (partially) back.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

You're asking this community to go?

Have you MET the DCP "community?" The ones who, in majority vote, would rather have drum corps DIE then allow a sax into their pits? The DCP community is, mostly, a bunch of selfish, self important jerks who can't see past the year they marched. And you want them to do something giving?

You sir, ask a lot. I'll go to finals if I can afford it. DCI made a bad choice by leaving the roof closed. Roof open, no problems (one would think). But If you have the chance to go, go. No one likes performing to empty seats on finals night.

Really? You're going to judge a bunch of people you yourself haven't met? The people here that hold such terrible opinions are generally people who have given much of themselves to the activity--years of time marching, teaching, volunteering, very significant sums of money, and more energy than I will bet either of us have ever expended in both of our relatively short lives to date. These people don't like the direction they see it going in precisely because they do care and because they believe it will be detrimental both to the activity's future in general (increasing costs even further) and to the activity's future as a unique pursuit different in its own ways from other ensembles (e.g., further eroding the differences between drum corps and marching band). You have problems with the viewpoints you see expressed here yet are so quick on the judgment trigger yourself.

Have you MET the DCP "community?" The ones who, in majority vote, would rather have drum corps DIE then allow a sax into their pits? The DCP community is, mostly, a bunch of selfish, self important jerks who can't see past the year they marched. And you want them to do something giving?

Psst....you know that personal attacks are against DCP guidelines, right? You might want to refrain from the sort of name-calling bolded in the above quote, if you want your posts (or your account) to remain here. Just sayin'.

OK, I hear what you're sayin & I agree with ya. DCP is an interesting and colorful community of opinions. It's awesome & yes, we hate all corps, all the time. (LOL?)

I would just figure that the reasons someone WOULD go to finals weekend would out weigh the reasons NOT to go. It seems that there is a rolling hate-wagon of doom surrounding Lucas Oil.

Folks, it's only been there one time. The second time around will have improvments - not perfect, I'm sure- but better than the first year.

Dang it, go if you can. Just don't ride the hate-wagon of doom around with flaming pitchforks as you may influence someone that's never seen a corps show not to attend.... then instead of joining a corps, they'll take up competitive cup stacking.

Bottom line, my .02 : If you can spare the time, distance is not a problem, and can afford to go.... I'd think you'd go, no matter where it is- because it's DCI World Finals & we all look forward to it every year.

Am I off my rocker??

Edited by Alan98member

You sir, ask a lot. I'll go to finals if I can afford it. DCI made a bad choice by leaving the roof closed. Roof open, no problems (one would think). But If you have the chance to go, go. No one likes performing to empty seats on finals night.

I think we share a lot of viewpoints about modern drum corps, but honestly you're making things a lot worse for those of us that attempt to defend DCI (to some extent) and modern drum corps. You're painting with too wide of a brush, and insulting the opposition is hardly a way to get your point across. I've found making logical points that they have a difficult time refuting to be far more effective. Granted, many of these type of logical posts get ignored by most, but they're at least read. Your posts are hardly worth reading and are contributing as little to the discussion/debate as those who baselessly post that "drum corps is dead" and "DCI killed the activity" 20 times in every thread. C'mon man, help our side of the discussion instead of hindering it, please.

Did anyone notice that Luvs Me Sum Mello is a DCP Fanatic with 1205 posts? I think there was a little paint smeared on this person with their broad brush.

I think we share a lot of viewpoints about modern drum corps, but honestly you're making things a lot worse for those of us that attempt to defend DCI (to some extent) and modern drum corps. You're painting with too wide of a brush, and insulting the opposition is hardly a way to get your point across. I've found making logical points that they have a difficult time refuting to be far more effective. Granted, many of these type of logical posts get ignored by most, but they're at least read. Your posts are hardly worth reading and are contributing as little to the discussion/debate as those who baselessly post that "drum corps is dead" and "DCI killed the activity" 20 times in every thread. C'mon man, help our side of the discussion instead of hindering it, please.

yes, and yes

This is just came to me when I read some of people's comments in the Lucas Sound thread.

Are we sure that "boycotting" DCI World Championships will really get things to change in terms of improving the sound quality of Lucas Oil Stadium? I mean fixing the problem would involve money and if people boycott DCI's biggest cash cow then where is DCI going to get the cash to fix Lucas Oil Stadium? I feel that it may just be vicious cycle where DCI gets to a point where they see they need to change but thanks to boycotts can't afford to do the changes they want!

Couldn't a lack of adequate attendance at Lucas Oil put DCI out of business before they even have time to fix the problems the general public has concerns about? Not only Lucas sound issues but other organizational issues, that if solved, could make DCI a better organization and drum corps a better activity?

Please, if you can go Lucas Oil, GO! Its sucks just as much to play in the dome as it does to listen to people play in it! But, I think it's in everyone's best interest to attend DCI World Champions. By all means, make sure DCI knows that the sound sucks, just don't do it in a way that could potentially topple the organization! I personally think that the more revenue DCI has the greater the chance they will be able to make positive changes to the activity. Starving them won't make it any easier and you just make the problem worse! Think of your ticket as an investment to a brighter future in DCI.

Give DCI the money they need to fix the problem, give the performers an audience they deserve while performing their final shows, and give the future of DCI a fighting chance!

GO TO DCI WORLD FINALS AT LUCAS OIL

I am going this year...i'm giving them a chance. But if the sound is horrible, sorry, cry the "DCI will go broke blues" all you want, I won't be back. I am not going to keep paying that kind of money for a sub standard environment. I don't care how clean the place is, what amenities it has, how great Indy is...if the sound sucks, forget it.One chance

It comes down to the faith you have in DCI. In the eyes of some on here, DCI has made and will continue to make bad decisions, and I really believe some people would be pleased to see a half-full finals stadium just so they could say "See? I told you DCI doesn't know what it is doing". I, conversely, have faith in the leadership of DCI (as a whole) to do what they can to make all aspects of the season most enjoyable for fans, staff, members, whoever and at the same time balance that with sensible financial decisions.

I really don't understand how some people are so convinced that DCI doesn't have the health of the activity in their best interest. Is Lucal Oil Stadium the venue they thought it would be? Probably not so far, but I'm not going to criticize their decisions without being better informed about the decision process, the benefits they received of the relocation versus the benefits expected at the time of the decision, and mostly because I sincerely doubt that I could do a better job of running the organization. Could you?

Everyone has the right to decide what to spend their money on, but I'm getting a little sick of the rooting for DCI's demise or just the general hate in general (disclaimer: this is probably directed towards maybe 2-5 individuals, but they are very LOUD individuals). I know, drum and bugle corps is already dead, right? Whatever.

I think you confuse some of people's feelings about dumb decisions as wanting DCI to fail, and I believe you're wrong there.I want DCi to thrive...and get more corps and more fans.

I just don't see LOS being the way to do that.