The REAL(ish) Return of Star

someone else would have to confim having 27 members in 85 but we did have some 27 join in 87 and 88 after they folded following 86 finals. Yes to Pride in 85, Stars DM and drummers came from Bridgemen in 85! Majority of the corps were newbies to this activity.

Carol A. (won't attempt that last name without more coffee this morning) was the colorguard captain in 85 and was from 27th. Last I heard she was working with SCV.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the alumni corps going to wear the magenta tops with the white star on them? or are they doing the cream from 93?

I've seen some ugly, snarky comments in here about Star in general and the 93 show in particular.

Say what you want about Star, but I bet there are people in here who don't even remember who WON in 93. It was THE CADETS.

I hardly, IF EVER, hear ANYTHING about 93 Cadets who were the DCI Champs that year, however I think I read at least ONE comment about Star 93 EVERY SINGLE TIME I COME TO DCP.

Anyway, to heck with the haters. Drink your haterade elsewhere.

I've seen some ugly, snarky comments in here about Star in general and the 93 show in particular.

Say what you want about Star, but I bet there are people in here who don't even remember who WON in 93. It was THE CADETS.

I hardly, IF EVER, hear ANYTHING about 93 Cadets who were the DCI Champs that year, however I think I read at least ONE comment about Star 93 EVERY SINGLE TIME I COME TO DCP.

... and the said thing is that the Cadets had one of their most memorable Holsinger shows ever that year.

Interesting- a few days ago, I wanted to see a vid of the 1993 Cadets show, and struggled to find much. I did find a complete finals vid on someone's MySpace account. Other than that, there isn't much out there. I found one that's in 2 parts, and filmed with a camcorder (?!?!)

Star of Indiana 1993 is.... well, much much easier to find.

I wanna take a stab at this......

The reason Star of Indiana has a halo of hype, and is still talked about to this day (good and bad) after being away from the sport for 17 YEARS, is simple .....

Because it's Star of Indiana. People loved them, or disliked them. People thought they were boring, or awesome. They were a corps that made it very hard for a fan to be lukewarm towards them. The dynamic of mixed responses to their shows, or even to their very existence, was enough to pull you in, or push you away. I'm sure the crowd response was one of the many things that helped drive them to achieve all that Star accomplished.

Even though Star left drum corps in 1993, the buzz around Star never left drum corps. Only being in DCI for 9 seasons, love them or dislike them, there has never been another corps like Star of Indiana, and there probably never will be. Not to mention they were pretty good, and won a few things here and there.

.... The Beatles of Drum Corps?.... hummm.....

(just my opinion - I could be full of kool-aid, but I didn't enter the Star scene 'til 98)

See you in August!!!!! :)

Edited by DCIHasBeen

I felt Star should have won.

The Cadets had an awesome show during the beginning of the season that was musically cut and hacked to death by the end of the season. I have an early season recording ( **gasp**) before it was cut up that was soooo much better than what I saw in the finals version. They were pretty dirty visually at finals, too. Check out the vids on Fan Network.

....and forget the haters!

Edited by jjeffeory

There are ugly, snarky comments about lots of corps on this board.

There are corps that I don't like and there are corps that you don't like.

It's a two way street.