BHOF - Boston I&E Regional

A BFDTV HD video bump...

The Individuals and Ensembles from the Garfield N.J. Buglers Hall of Fame Regional. Click the link for a BFDTV HD video highlighting the creative and talented performers. They brought their A games. What will Boston bring?

Edited by DefenderAlum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be a great show - just the Crusaders Sr. are worth the price of admission any day of the week... St. Ritas has been turning people on for the past couple years - St. Kevin's were fan faves last year - Mass Brass are world class - the hits just keep on coming.

This has to be a great show - just the Crusaders Sr. are worth the price of admission any day of the week... St. Ritas has been turning people on for the past couple years - St. Kevin's were fan faves last year - Mass Brass are world class - the hits just keep on coming.

Hi All ,

The sun is out , the traffic is light , there is plenty of free parking , Great Corps music ,food & drink & old friends . DO NOT MISS the show today !!!!!

See you there,

Mike D.

St Kevins

Looking forward to all the performances today. Should be a great time. Defenders have been practicing to knock your socks off with their show.

All the best to the gang from BHOF and all performers at the show......you guys will rock the house

Guido

Great Day at Florian Hall - as much as I was able to be there for.

Holy Crap - the last time there was that much grey hair in one room, a new Pope was elected.

We really have gotten old.

General comments: Mass Brass is for real; Ruben still plays the plating off a horn; One needs to be deeply intoxicated to appreciate Cupcakes' verve and savoir faire - unfortunately I quit drinking decades ago - still sounded like vintage Cakes to me; the roughest part for me personally - sometimes I forget how much of ourselves we weave into our involvement in this activity. Between the time Boston began playing Giant and the time they finished Conquest I think I had cried more than all the 16 year old girls who ever watched Romeo and Juliet the movie back in 1968 or so. That's another group of people that I am fortunate to say, have woven themselves into my DNA - they are deeply a part of my life, for which I am eternally grateful, or at least until next month or so. Not even Eternity is what it used to be.

What an activity. How about the contra player from Pembroke? The boy can flat out play. I have to go practice now - Bridgeport is coming in only a month. There's too many serious players around to take any of this for granted.

The Buglers Hall of Fame with Co-Sponsor St. Kevins Emerald Knights will be hosting the 1st annual Boston Regional Individual & Ensemble show on Saturday March 20, 2010 at 55 Hallet Street, Boston, Ma. The show is made up of Individual Brass & Percussion performers, Ensembles, Mini-Corps and Alumni Corps and is open to all performers regardless of affiliation. To date numerous individuals have signed on to perform on soprano, mid range, baritone, contra & percussion. Brass ensembles, Mini corps and Alumni Corps include Bob's Brass Band, Basement Brass, Defenders Quartet, Mass Brass, West Sayville Golden Eagles, Pembroke Imperials, St Rita's Brassmen Alumni, Selden Cadets Alumni, Rockland Defenders, Boston Crusaders and co-sponsor St Kevin's Emerald Knights.

If you missed the Garfield Regional on February 27 be sure you make the drive to Boston. These shows are about getting together with old drum corps frineds to enjoy a day of musical entertainment, food, drinks and camaraderie.

Entry forms can be downloaded at buglershalloffame.com

Anthony

Can someone post the scores for the show?

I had to leave before the scores.

Thanks

Great Day at Florian Hall - as much as I was able to be there for.

Holy Crap - the last time there was that much grey hair in one room, a new Pope was elected.

We really have gotten old.

General comments: Mass Brass is for real; Ruben still plays the plating off a horn; One needs to be deeply intoxicated to appreciate Cupcakes' verve and savoir faire - unfortunately I quit drinking decades ago - still sounded like vintage Cakes to me; the roughest part for me personally - sometimes I forget how much of ourselves we weave into our involvement in this activity. Between the time Boston began playing Giant and the time they finished Conquest I think I had cried more than all the 16 year old girls who ever watched Romeo and Juliet the movie back in 1968 or so. That's another group of people that I am fortunate to say, have woven themselves into my DNA - they are deeply a part of my life, for which I am eternally grateful, or at least until next month or so. Not even Eternity is what it used to be.

What an activity. How about the contra player from Pembroke? The boy can flat out play. I have to go practice now - Bridgeport is coming in only a month. There's too many serious players around to take any of this for granted.

Ray ... so glad you were able to make the show ... I hope you didn't mind my making your presence known (several times) but, your pink shirt just kept catching my eye ... LOL ... truly a GREAT afternoon for the Drum Corps fraternity ... a BEAUTIFUL first day of Spring in BAAAHHHSTANNN ... no less that FIVE Alumni Corps dazzling the crowd ... and no less that a few hundred of the crowd dazzling the performers with their cheers ... HOO HAA!!! ... I think this BACK TO THE FUTURE, 12 month drum corps thing may catch on!!!! ... now ... it's off to Bridgeport on April 24th where I hear say no less than SEVEN Alumni's will be performing ... YEOW!!!! ... a preverbial onslaught (as Snagglepuss would say) ... many thanks to St. Kevin's for their hospitality ... and ... a fine performance!!!! ... be on the lookout for those BFDTV videos ... once you see them, you'll HAVE to make the trek to Bpt ...

Andy "will MC for :tongue: " Lisko

Ray ... so glad you were able to make the show ... I hope you didn't mind my making your presence known (several times) but, your pink shirt just kept catching my eye ... LOL ... truly a GREAT afternoon for the Drum Corps fraternity ... a BEAUTIFUL first day of Spring in BAAAHHHSTANNN ... no less that FIVE Alumni Corps dazzling the crowd ... and no less that a few hundred of the crowd dazzling the performers with their cheers ... HOO HAA!!! ... I think this BACK TO THE FUTURE, 12 month drum corps thing may catch on!!!! ... now ... it's off to Bridgeport on April 24th where I hear say no less than SEVEN Alumni's will be performing ... YEOW!!!! ... a preverbial onslaught (as Snagglepuss would say) ... many thanks to St. Kevin's for their hospitality ... and ... a fine performance!!!! ... be on the lookout for those BFDTV videos ... once you see them, you'll HAVE to make the trek to Bpt ...

Andy "will MC for :tongue: " Lisko

Hi All,

Speaking of videos , if you want to see a bit of yesterdays BHOF show in Boston go to www.stkevinemeraldknights.com On the front page of our site are two # "Zoot suit Riot" & "Shipping up to Boston" ,Man what a great time we had yesterday !!

All the Best,

Mike D

St.Kevins