DCI Trivia Game

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't crown in the same lower division as Blue Stars at one point in their early existence? If I recall, Blue Stars won a couple of Div 2/3 (open class today) titles.

If that's true, does it mean Stars beat everyone since their inception?

Yea, bad question. Oh well. One down.

Let's play!

Okay, I was just checking on that one. Didn't mean to bring up old questions, but I wasn't quite sure what the right answer was.

What was the first year it became legal to compete at DCI without a national flag?

EDIT: Bad spelling :doh:

OK, so this thread doesn't die a quick death, the answer is 1980.

Here's a replacement:

What DCI finalist played "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina" in 1980?

Wasn't crown in the same lower division as Blue Stars at one point in their early existence? If I recall, Blue Stars won a couple of Div 2/3 (open class today) titles.

I've done some poking around in corpsreps on this subject in the past and again tonight, and it doesn't look like there was any overlap in competition for the two corps. Crown was established in 1990, and although it's not clear to me what their competitive situation was, it looks to me the two corps were not in the same division. In 1991, Blue Stars was in A60 and Crown was in A. In 1992 and 1993, Blue Stars was Div III and Crown was Div II. (In 1993, they were each #1 in their respective divisions.) And then Crown was in Div I in 1994. They may have gone head to head in 1992 in a combined division final, but Crown was higher in the rankings for that one. As far as I can tell, that's the only time they went head to head.

OK, so this thread doesn't die a quick death, the answer is 1980.

Here's a replacement:

What DCI finalist played "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina" in 1980?

SCV