DCI Trivia Game

I believe it was either 1994 or 1995 (maybe 1996) so yes it was during their run. They had a bell player and a single tympani come out of the pit during one section of the show.

I know it wasn't 1996, but I haven't seen 1994/95. 1996 is a GREAT show though with a killer Robert W. Smith brass book! (sorry to get off topic)

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this on another forum and someone did get them all right. He didn't march Cadets either....

It's not an easy question, but not extremely hard either. There are 4 more melodies heard in the show....one is REALLY obvious at the end of Prologue (:tongue:) and the other 3 can be heard in the pit. All it takes is just a few minutes to listen. That's all I will say. :laughing:

Apparently, it's a lot harder than you think, as nobody has come up with the answer to your trivia question in over a day now. Pretty soon, only the crickets will be heard on this thread.

My suggestion, just go back to the first person who got all the 2009 Cadets songs right as the winner of your trivia question( that was me ). Otherwise, you might have killed off what otherwise was a pretty good thread with some good interest. Your call, bccadet09.

Edited by BRASSO

I believe it was either 1994 or 1995 (maybe 1996) so yes it was during their run. They had a bell player and a single tympani come out of the pit during one section of the show.

You'll have to point it out to me, then....it may have been something that didn't make the tape, perhaps?

You'll have to point it out to me, then....it may have been something that didn't make the tape, perhaps?

as was confirmed by someone a few post up - it was in 1994 in the opener. They have a few members come out of the pit carrying different instruments and a marching tymp is one of those instruments.

So 1994 Magic would be the answer to the question of the last corps to march tympani in finals.

And since this thread has died a slow death and I never got credit for getting this question correct I will throw out an easy one to get the thread rolling again.

Which corps and what year was the last "A" section (American flag with honor guard) marched in DCI Finals

as was confirmed by someone a few post up - it was in 1994 in the opener. They have a few members come out of the pit carrying different instruments and a marching tymp is one of those instruments.

So 1994 Magic would be the answer to the question of the last corps to march tympani in finals.

And since this thread has died a slow death and I never got credit for getting this question correct I will throw out an easy one to get the thread rolling again.

Which corps and what year was the last "A" section (American flag with honor guard) marched in DCI Finals

Ok...NOW I see it...right on the sideline are two marching tymps with harnesses attached (I usually watch elsewhere at that point)

I see them being played (and worn) at the 0:45 second mark on the FN vid...and a 0:55 they've actually moving in the drill.

By 2:00 they're about done.

Thanks for pointing that out...I had never seen them before.

Edited by 84BDsop

Rumble

Prologue

Cool

America

Maria

A Boy Like That/I Have a Love

Cool again (12-tone fugue section)

??????????????

Tonight (Duet)

Tonight (Quintet)

Something's Coming

America again

Cool again (Ba-DAA-duh)

This one got the closest response I've seen so far. So I'm not giving the next question yet....

tommytimp did get America, Maria, and Something's Coming, 3 out of the 4 hidden melodies. Where I put the question marks is where the other melody is.

Therefore....

...the first person to get the next melody wins the next question.

And chill out everyone....not all DCI Trivia is easy. :laughing:

wrong year (much later)

no corps mentioned

wrong year (much later)

no corps mentioned

1987 Bluecoats?