Corps Status Checks

FYI

The Lakeshoremen are rebuilding. We will not have a field show this year. We will be doing parades and some SDCA shows.

:tongue: Dang. I was really hoping to meet some of you guys this year at DCA. For the past couple of years, the corps I'd be marching with would usually either be heading to the stadium or unloading the truck around the same time you guys were on the field (or vice versa). Well, if any of you guys DO make it up to Rochester, be sure to come say "hi!"

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Gulf Coast Sound is returning to the competition field this year with out show entitled:

"A Night On The Town With GCS"

"We're Back, And We Brought The Party With Us"

Our 2010 show will include:

"What Is Hip"

"Johnny's Mambo"

"Kiss From a Rose"

"Flirtin With Disaster"

More to follow..........

Kingston Grenadiers had their final indoor Music camp for 2010. The motto for the weekend was CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN. The guard joined us for the first time, and it was great to see all those smiley faces. All facets of the corps are running on all cylinders. "WITHOUT WARNING" is going to be just an awesome show, from beginning to end. The corps looks forward to seeing everyone at the beginning of the season, and wishes everyone all the best. They look forward to seeing everyone on Labor Day, so if you plan on being in Rochester, NY on Labor Day come over and say hi, to the corps staff, management, and members, but hang on tight, cause they will take you "INTO THE STORM"

Doug Smith

Proud

Kingston Grenadier Alumnus

lol early 70's? attitude? ya think?

seriously, as a survivor of the rabbit beheading (Clifton 1972) - I think you guys are making too much of Mike's quick comment... perhaps you need to know that my good friend Mike (Statesmen Jr, Mighty St. Joe's and Rochester Crusaders) only performed into the mid 70's - then ran off for his multi faceted career (construction company owner in Florida and successful ACTOR)... consequently, his only real memories of Sky are from that "attitude adjustment" period... I'm sure he would recognize the long history of this storied corps... and has no desire to hurt the current corps...

You have a great memory Tom. Spot on. I remember lining up to go on several times with 6-8 Skyfolks namecalling as we went on. If I recall correctly someone was even spat upon. Myself and 20 or so ST Joes guys had just joined that year and it wasnt something anyone EVER did to St Joes. (I marched CU 72/73 only)I grew up IDOLIZING SKY and was..as a 21 year old kid, quite upset when the above activities occurred..while my memories are valid, I have absolutely NO desire to even vaguely hurt the current corps in any way.

In fact..I had been away from DC for many years and was quite sad to see SKY as a smallcorps a few years ago. I thought SKY would live forever.(and note I mentioned the word "bravado" in my original post.

Apologies if I ruffled feathers, I am VERY surprised it made this much of a "stir". SKY has broader shoulders than to worry about anything I have to say historically...and I wish SKY well.

Sorry Tom, but I'll have to disagree with you on this one. Mr. Dempsey's remark was aimed directly at this year's Skyliner Corps. If Mr. Dempsey is still living that memory then let's take a "serious" look at what happened at DCA Championships that same year. And please don't tell me it was our just desserts for Clifton. :tongue:

I sent you an email>>>My message may have been laden with memories of 1972, but I have absolutely NO ill will toward the current(or past)SKY...if I hurt anyones feelings..my apologies.

I sent you an email>>>My message may have been laden with memories of 1972, but I have absolutely NO ill will toward the current(or past)SKY...if I hurt anyones feelings..my apologies.
Here is your exact post:

"CRU not competing in 2101 is sad news to me.

SKY with all their past bravado/bullyrudeness....makes me feel vindicated that in 2010 they are all but defunct(sorry but its how I feel)."

Your comment was directed at the present day Corps. You need to apologize to them. Me??? I don't give a "rat's arse" how you feel about what happened almost 30 years ago,....or now for that matter. It was competition. You obviously have a very thin skin. As I've been told on a few occasions, "GET OVER IT".

So much for being honest! Someone gives his OPINION, albeit an unpopular one, and everyone needs to bash him?!?!?!

I don't get it.

what Andy said

Following the success of our Class A championship season the Govenaires are pleased to announce our 2010 show ‘Road Trip’.

We’ll begin our show with a mix of some favorite Motown classics, then spend a “Night in Tunisia”, and conclude our trip in New Orleans with a rendition of “Tiger Rag” and “When the Saints Go Marching In”. The music and concept is guaranteed to satisfy even the most discriminating drum corps fan.

Once again our corps is filled with talent and we have the same staff in place as in previous years.

This show will be filled with everything that makes us proud to be the Govenaires.

Peace!

Following the success of our Class A championship season the Govenaires are pleased to announce our 2010 show ‘Road Trip’.

We’ll begin our show with a mix of some favorite Motown classics, then spend a “Night in Tunisia”, and conclude our trip in New Orleans with a rendition of “Tiger Rag” and “When the Saints Go Marching In”. The music and concept is guaranteed to satisfy even the most discriminating drum corps fan.

Once again our corps is filled with talent and we have the same staff in place as in previous years.

This show will be filled with everything that makes us proud to be the Govenaires.

Peace!

Yah!