Corps Status Checks

So... for 2010, I wanted to see where some of our new/returning corps stood. Can folks involved with the respective corps please comment and advise/correct the information below? (No speculation or rumors, please. Just the facts, folks!)

Brigadiers - Not fielding a competitive corps in 2010.

Crusaders - Not fielding a competitive corps in 2010.

Austin Stars - Regrouping?

Chops, Inc. - Parades only in 2010, looking to return to the field in 2011.

Gulf Coast Sound - Returning to field competitions / Championships in 2010?

SoCal Dream - Returning to field DCA Championships in 2010?

High Country Brass - Coming to DCA Championships in 2010?

Skyliners - in a new home doing parades & exhibitions in 2010?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... for 2010, I wanted to see where some of our new/returning corps stood. Can folks involved with the respective corps please comment and advise/correct the information below? (No speculation or rumors, please. Just the facts, folks!)

Brigadiers - Not fielding a competitive corps in 2010.

Crusaders - Not fielding a competitive corps in 2010.

Austin Stars - Regrouping?

Chops, Inc. - Parades only in 2010, looking to return to the field in 2011.

Gulf Coast Sound - Returning to field competitions / Championships in 2010?

SoCal Dream - Returning to field DCA Championships in 2010?

High Country Brass - Coming to DCA Championships in 2010?

Skyliners - in a new home doing parades & exhibitions in 2010?

Awwww come on I've "heard" lots of things about a few of these. :thumbup:

CRU not competing in 2101 is sad news to me.

SKY with all their past bravado/bullyrudeness....makes me feel vindicated that in 2010 they are all but defunct(sorry but its how I feel)

SoCal Dream will be returning to DCA Championships for 2010 plus Mini Corps

Edited by darkman

SKY with all their past bravado/bullyrudeness....makes me feel vindicated that in 2010 they are all but defunct(sorry but its how I feel)

Nice ... real nice sentiment ... Sky's Field Corps may be going through a rough patch but, the entire Sky family is doing fine as a multi-faceted, multi-layered organization ... the Alumni Corps continues to play on with glimpses of past bravado, the Chorus is a premier attraction at the annual GAS Reunion and the Alumni Association takes care of their own through an extensive benevolent care network - while still being able to belly up to the bar with the best of them ... enjoy your vindication ...

Andy "NY Skyliners, Lifetime Member" Lisko

Edited by ajlisko

Nice ... real nice sentiment ...

Good point, Andy.

During my days with Sun, we and the Skyliners were bitter rivals.... with emphasis on "bitter" at times. But in this day and age, I hate to see any corps having problems.... the activity can't afford to lose many more corps. Too many are gone already. Way too many.

Drum corps has not quite been the same without the Skyliners on the field.

Fran

As the song goes (as sung to the theme song of the Mickey Mouse Club),...

I - N - Y

O - U - R

M - O - U - X - X.

I'm sure everyone can figure out what THe last two letters are.

And you are Ssooo correct Fran. Now that we have the opportunity in our later years the comaraderie is just unbelieveable. During these past (let's just say XX) years, I've had the opportunity to get to know a few of the Sunrisers from back in the day like you and Tony White, and perform with the likes of some real legends like Screech, Dansan (sp), Marty Roche and just this past weekend at SIB the privilege of performing right next to Mr. Frank Dorritie. I'm tellin' ya, it don't get no better.

Good point, Andy.

During my days with Sun, we and the Skyliners were bitter rivals.... with emphasis on "bitter" at times. But in this day and age, I hate to see any corps having problems.... the activity can't afford to lose many more corps. Too many are gone already. Way too many.

Fran

Agreed they are missed and an unfortunate comment that is not reflected in the Drum Corps community.

Good point, Andy.

Fran

My sediments exactly...

True we (Sun and Sky) were rivals but we looked forward to competing against each other as much as the after parties. I'm with Fran, it's not the same without the Skyliners on the field. :thumbup: (I know BITD was quite different in the activity than today, but (IMHO) the heart of the members and organisations are not)

Sure Sky may have their time in the past where their "bullyrudness" clashed with other corps, but back then, they weren't the ONLY corps. And it is really shallow to still hold a grudge to this day. Some way, in some form, SOMEONE will have that attitude. But just throwin' something like that from left field was really unnecessary. If you approach the Skyliners either be in the competition corps, alumni corps, or chorus, you will see that those attitudes are not around. And a lot of members from corps other than the Skyliners from that time don't feel that way anymore either. It is expressions like that with the grudge barring attitude that doesn't help improve the activity.

~This is just my own opinion and if I have offended anyone I apologize. For those who know me, I am a Skyliner. I bleed red and black until the day I die. And TRUE Skyliners taught me that no matter who I am with, what I am, or where I am, you show the up most respect for your fellow Drum Corps men and women in every uniform. Any personal beef's you settle out of uniform and man to man. NOT in public. And if you still have a grudge, keep it to yourself.

* I please request out of respect for Mr. Kulp, The Skyliners, and every drum corps around the world, do not turn this topic into another slander-fest. Please keep to the original theme of the topic and to dispute via PM's.

--------------------------------------------------------

To be honest with you Sayre, I still think it is early to say. I mean with top ranking corps like Corps Vets still holding percussion auditions, and membership still dwindling all over the country, this is going to be a very interesting season. I wish nothing but success and a quick solution to all issues and hopes that the economy and other factors decide in the Corps' favors.

Hope all is well with you and your family! :thumbup:

Edited by Skydrummer9