DCI Countdown

About a dozen at our Central Il site. After too low of volume at the same theater for the previous Fathom DCI offering, I made sure to be well-lubricated and told the manager before the show that the volume needed to be up.

Boy was it!!! Almost too much!!!!! But love the improved viewing.

Left immediately after BD's performance.

Crown's sound is amazing.

SCV is soooooo classy.

Worth the ten minute drive and ticket price.

NO complaints, all enjoyment.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the theater in Philly. Total people I counted was 8 or 9 including me.

Program was enjoyable, thought the the volume could have been up a little more, but it wasn't really that bad. I liked the historic tid bits. I enjoyed the previews... and #### that Boston horn line already has a great sound... I'm excited for that show. I'm excited for the season in general. I thought it was a very well put together program.

as you may or may not know, long island, is a bit out of touch with the current marching band/drum corps market. we are in a very rich area of the country, and have what seems like unlimited resources, even in this reccession. you would be shocked what people out here buy/consume.

I'm a bit surprised, that with a Class A DCA Corps there in Long Island, there are not more "in touch" with the activity. Perhaps because they are DCA and not DCI?

btw, i am still shocked we don't have a full blow div one corps here. we have enough private resources to rival what bill cook did with star.

Me too! Or even a stronger Class A DCA Corps or even an Open Class DCA Corps contender once again.

Edited by TennTux

Question:

When you talk to the manager, do they know you as a "DCI representative" or just friendly Mr. Boo?

Actually, in these instances they know him as the guy carrying a firearm.

Quite persuasive. :plain:

Fran

Actually, in these instances they know him as the guy carrying a firearm.

Quite persuasive. :plain:

Fran

Oh, come on, Fran. I've never carried a firearm.

A machete, on the other hand...

There was about 20 people at our Charleston-area SC site, probably about half of what it was for Semi's. I came with 4 other kids from my band, we went to semi's last August too. Crowd was mostly made up of band kids and adults, didn't see anybody w/ a corps jacket. Great sound, great video quality. Half the crowd cheered when Crown started performing.

Went a lot better than semi's. There was a bad summer thunder storm that night, and the signal occasionally lost quality, and it completely went out for the duration of Crown's, and only Crown's, performance. A bandmate of mine actually demanded a refund, but they turned him away becuase the other 4 1/2 hours of the broadcast had gone fine :plain:

Great to finally see Crown in all it's glory.

With a faint air of cheese...

Mike

(come on, we kid because we love...)

Provolone.

Provolone.

"OK, listen up.... I want the volume in our auditorium turned up, NOW. I have a wedge of provolone with me, and don't make me use it!!!!"

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

In Topeka, we suffered from nasty digital tileing during the Cadets and BD. It evoked from one viewer, "did you get this at CD Tradepost ?" Several cries of "we paid $12.50 for this ?" Almost all of us confronted the manager, led by a FMM of the Cavies from the 60's about it and they issued what looked to me as refunds to all that attended. I know I got my $50.00 back. The manager blamed "satellite problems" I work at a TV station no more than a quarter mile from the theatre, and know sat fade, that was not sat fade, unless they weren't using enough bandwidth. I talked with a friend who saw the show in Lawrence only 30 miles away, and they had no problems (all 8 people in the theatre). I hope they get things straightened out before Quarters.