Dear Mr. Director

I read a lot of people saying that it's selfish to want drum corps to die out. If the activity changes beyond recognition, what's selfish about walking away and not caring if it continues or if it fail?

If something changes so much that it isn't what you fell in love with I see no reason to care for it anymore.

I used to be a season ticket holder at Liverpool football club but football changed. It wasn't the same game I fell in love with, money became a major issue for the clubs and players and it was as if the fans were forgotten, IMO.

I stopped going to matches and don't even look for the results anymore. I really couldn't care if football went belly up and ceased to exist.

If woodwinds are allowed in the judged portion I really wouldn't care if dci ceased to exist. You can call me selfish if you want to but I see no reason to worry if an activity I would no longer care for carried on.

I fell in love with the distinct sound of brass and percussion. I've heard many marching bands and they fail to move me. I don't care if boa folds because I don't care about bands.

In some peoples minds I'm selfish but I ask each one of you, if you don't like football, would you care if mls folded?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anything else you an expert at? It clearly isnt drum corps....lol

Well... from the sounds of it, a Hell of a lot more then you junior........

and also to highlight... I have no problems with change........

not happy with SOME things that have happend over the years......

BUT WOODWINDS DO NOT BELONG IN DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS !

Its a simple sentence.... speaking for myself of course... as Im sure you Scouty...

believe Im the only one that believes this.........

Reading back, Scout personally as he/she said doesn't care for woodwinds but believes its a corps choice. I can support that myself.

I love this message board.

We're depriving corps of money they need to get down the road and make it more expensive for kids to do this activity, all because we dislike new things that some corps directors want to experiment with.

Given the opportunity I think woodwinds could be tastefully done, but this thread isn't about if they should be allowed.

Can't we just sit back and enjoy what everyone on the field is trying to show-- what they put all of their work into? That experience is not going to be tainted by another instrument being experimented with, and if you want to make it harder to for kids to afford that experience, congrats on putting an effort into killing this activity.

I'm reading people excited at the thought of 7k less people watching finals. That is sickening. Support the kids that keep your precious activity alive. Without members, there aren't shows.

This is about as sickening as when people Booed the Cadets because they didn't like their show. Shame on them...those guys worked incredibly hard and performed the crap out of their show, and they booed their efforts because you didn't like the show their staff design.

Junior? LMAO , if you only knew....

ok junior....... you just laugh your ### off.... but you better not do that..

that area contains your brains.............

wouldnt be very pretty !!!!!!!

ok junior....... you just laugh your ### off.... but you better not do that..

that area contains your brains.............

wouldnt be very pretty !!!!!!!

Obviously there is a passion here and as said before debate can be over if you dont like something dont go! With all due respect

We're depriving corps of money they need to get down the road and make it more expensive for kids to do this activity, all because we dislike new things that some corps directors want to experiment with.

Given the opportunity I think woodwinds could be tastefully done, but this thread isn't about if they should be allowed.

Can't we just sit back and enjoy what everyone on the field is trying to show-- what they put all of their work into? That experience is not going to be tainted by another instrument being experimented with, and if you want to make it harder to for kids to afford that experience, congrats on putting an effort into killing this activity.

I'm reading people excited at the thought of 7k less people watching finals. That is sickening. Support the kids that keep your precious activity alive. Without members, there aren't shows.

This is about as sickening as when people Booed the Cadets because they didn't like their show. Shame on them...those guys worked incredibly hard and performed the crap out of their show, and they booed their efforts because you didn't like the show their staff design.

why yes, we should pay to see that which we dont not like. thats perfectly good logic :rolleyes:

Bravo !!!!! you are spot on