Dear Mr. Director

You can still support members by sponsoring individual members without supporting the corps financially by buying merchandise and going to shows. Jeff Ream is correct, you shouldn't keep spending money on something you don't like anymore. That doesn't mean you're hurting the kids.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can still support members by sponsoring individual members without supporting the corps financially by buying merchandise and going to shows. Jeff Ream is correct, you shouldn't keep spending money on something you don't like anymore. That doesn't mean you're hurting the kids.

I will agree with him there. If you dont like something don't spend your hard earned money. Kids or not it's your money to spend as you like.

And that I have all intentions of doing and have already done so this year to a young lady in a corps in the

upper Midwest....... (no-not mentioning the corps or her name) so I have supported her endevours.... and

am proud that I have done so..... Now if we can just get drum and BUGLE corps to a place that we all

can be happy with.... it'd be great........ but you have to look at the fact... finals numbers are down..

dues are higher... this is not drum and BUGLE corps anymore... its suppose to be a not-for-profit organization..

You can still support members by sponsoring individual members withoutsupporting the corps financially by buying merchandise and going to shows. Jeff Ream is correct, you shouldn't keep spending money on something you don't like anymore.

I find it odd that people wouldn't want to see where their money goes. :rolleyes:

Edit:

Also, would you sponsor someone in a corps that used woodwinds, and never see them perform? That strikes me almost as rude.

Edited by chambana

Why would somebody spend money to sponsor a kid to do something they no longer agree with? The money still goes to the corps in the end.

And that I have all intentions of doing and have already done so this year to a young lady in a corps in the

upper Midwest....... (no-not mentioning the corps or her name) so I have supported her endevours.... and

am proud that I have done so..... Now if we can just get drum and BUGLE corps to a place that we all

can be happy with.... it'd be great........ but you have to look at the fact... finals numbers are down..

dues are higher... this is not drum and BUGLE corps anymore... its suppose to be a not-for-profit organization..

Gone are the days im afraid of shoe string budgets. volunteer staffs, free practice facilities, community support. Unfortunately you can't breathe without cash flying out anymore. So hard for so many to stay in business and make NO mistake it is a business and has to be.

Nice thought though

Gone are the days im afraid of shoe string budgets. volunteer staffs, free practice facilities, community support. Unfortunately you can't breathe without cash flying out anymore. So hard for so many to stay in business and make NO mistake it is a business and has to be.

Nice thought though

yes..you are correct......... and its an unfortunate reality. HOWEVER..when looking at DIV 1's staff from ANY of the DIV 1's.... do they really need

THAT MANY PAID STAFF MEMBERS ????? Just seems like the members of years past didnt need the constant "sitting" that some of these corps have..

To me. its the "well-Corps A has _members to work with lower brass.... so of course WE have to have _members also".... Keeping up with the Jones'

is what I believe we used to call it....... Where is some RESPONSIBILITY on the MARCHERS behalf... that they dont get left behind.. that they know how

to march correctly after the 1st week of 12hour days...... just seems like alot of waste when there really DOESNT need to be..... If you want to look at

drum and bugle corps like a business, I jsut dont feel it's reasonable to have THAT MANY STAFF, in a world of cutbacks..........jmho

yes..you are correct......... and its an unfortunate reality. HOWEVER..when looking at DIV 1's staff from ANY of the DIV 1's.... do they really need

THAT MANY PAID STAFF MEMBERS ????? Just seems like the members of years past didnt need the constant "sitting" that some of these corps have..

To me. its the "well-Corps A has _members to work with lower brass.... so of course WE have to have _members also".... Keeping up with the Jones'

is what I believe we used to call it....... Where is some RESPONSIBILITY on the MARCHERS behalf... that they dont get left behind.. that they know how

to march correctly after the 1st week of 12hour days...... just seems like alot of waste when there really DOESNT need to be..... If you want to look at

drum and bugle corps like a business, I jsut dont feel it's reasonable to have THAT MANY STAFF, in a world of cutbacks..........jmho

So after the first week the members are supposed to figure it out themselves? Have you seen the level of difficulty of some of these shows? Or are you suggesting that the corps water down the show, just so they can meet your requirements of staffing?

Are you really suggesting that the members in the top corps are LACKING personal responsibility for their show material?

Have you been to a rehearsal recently? You certainly are demonstrating your level of expertise in drum corps.

Edited by CuriousMe