Out of the Mouths of Babes

oh my...that stadium was ELECTRIC that night, one of the best years for drum corps....I personally felt BD had the goods for the title, and get a lot of flack about that from friends, still to this day, but yes, the intensity, execution and interaction with the crowd was just amazing !

G

yes.. BD had the goods, but the night belonged to Madison ! that place erupted after M'gana....perfect temp... perfect night..

just a good time in drum corps... Suncoast was still around.. Cadets were still Garfield... just a good time to enjoy the activity.

I was 23.. and living in Atlanta after moving from Wisconsin...now I look years later... and there's some good stuff out there..

and I appreciate them... but the 3 years in Madison... KC.. Buffalo... good times !!!!!!!!

Mike

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gee... i wonder who is anonymous on here.... could it be Scouty ?????

You dont back up your views/arguments with anything tangible. Change for the sake of change is not beneficial for those doing it or those affected by it. No changes since 2000 have made this activity stronger, more accessible, cutting edge, or more exciting. Thats a simple fact, sure five, ten, fifty people can post after me and tell me it isnt true, but in reality, you know, out there, in the stadiums, on the field, where most of the DCP posters hardly go....it tells a different story......

Who on earth looked at..say, 1995 Cavaliers, 1989 SCV, 1998 Cadets, 1999 Madison Scouts and said "This would be so much more enjoyable and the activity would thrive even more if we go electric and add electronics/voice/synthesizers"

Tell me how these things will grow the activity, the fan base and continue to innovate and wow the average person......

loking forward to your answer.

G

Obviously you are someone still involved and with experience and I will respect that. As to my answer I NEVER said i wanted WW or want change just for the sake of change. I will say it again I personally do not like the sound of woodwinds on the field.. love the ballsy approach of the old Madison, the tradition of PR, the classyness of Cadets. The jazz of BD and so on BUT i also feel that why not open up to new things if it drifts or not from the 1920 written version of what DRUM CORPS IS, Try it, if it doesnt work then move on, if the MASS doesnt like it and you choose to change back then do so. I have seen many many changes over the years in DC and Winter Guard and believe me I didnt like all of them but not enough to boo kids spew venom all over but chose to continue and do what I thought was right and best for me or my groups and that seems to have worked just fine. I never debated that i wanted to see WW or synths etc etc, HELL ( and I know I will hear it on this ) . I always thought the pit was to loud to begin with and in the way up front..lol ) So no I'm not debating the change per say but the right to have change.

Obviously you are someone still involved and with experience and I will respect that. As to my answer I NEVER said i wanted WW or want change just for the sake of change. I will say it again I personally do not like the sound of woodwinds on the field.. love the ballsy approach of the old Madison, the tradition of PR, the classyness of Cadets. The jazz of BD and so on BUT i also feel that why not open up to new things if it drifts or not from the 1920 written version of what DRUM CORPS IS, Try it, if it doesnt work then move on, if the MASS doesnt like it and you choose to change back then do so. I have seen many many changes over the years in DC and Winter Guard and believe me I didnt like all of them but not enough to boo kids spew venom all over but chose to continue and do what I thought was right and best for me or my groups and that seems to have worked just fine. I never debated that i wanted to see WW or synths etc etc, HELL ( and I know I will hear it on this ) . I always thought the pit was to loud to begin with and in the way up front..lol ) So no I'm not debating the change per say but the right to have change.

I think if you change your tone, your delivery of your ideas and engage in healthy debate, you will get along just fine here..all opinions are valid and welcome, It would be boring if we all agreed, and who knows,maybe in some healthy debate, someone might convince someone else that something they thought could be seen in a different way.......

G

Edited by GMichael1230

a sax is a woodwind.

hmmm interesting thought, Just wondering how people would feel with other BRASS on the field ..like Trombones, sax, a true french horn interesting

just checked your profile.... age unknown... location unknown... drum corps experience... unknown...

GUESS YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER NOBODY THAT SPEWS TOXIC WORDS HERE ON DCP !!!!!!!!!!!!

go get a life already !!!! quite wasting our time - the legit drum corps fans= time....

you know you're feeding him and setting yourself up for suspension by replying this way dont you?

while I agree with a lot you say, your approach hurts your cause

here's the problem...once DCI makes a change they dont back down, no matter how much the masses disapprove. so, IMO, if they try and people rebel in mass quantities, they will have chased off what they have left and they wont come back, essentially dooming the organization.

trying and failing can be worse than making sure you never try at all

ughhh no but sax is ok with u? just wondering

no woodwind on a field in a competiton sponsore dby a drum and bugle corps circuit is ok with me not will it ever be. I am barely tolerant of the electronics in the pit