Out of the Mouths of Babes

oh and by the way...that 10 year old is wise beyond his years

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here's the problem...once DCI makes a change they dont back down, no matter how much the masses disapprove. so, IMO, if they try and people rebel in mass quantities, they will have chased off what they have left and they wont come back, essentially dooming the organization.

trying and failing can be worse than making sure you never try at all

ok i agree with you , somewhat, BUT is it better to destroy the activity totally ,as we know it or otherwise? Just trying to understand

well, if they add woodwinds and people leave in droves, can you blame them? i mean, you're asking people to pay more and more money to see something they clearly dont want.

look i love drum corps, my parents met thru drum corps, hell i was conceived at finals weekend. But I'm not paying to see a corps with woodwinds, and I know many people that wont either.

and to be honest, it seems they more thry try to align with bands, the more they drive people away.

ok i agree with you , somewhat, BUT is it better to destroy the activity totally ,as we know it or otherwise? Just trying to understand

oh please.......... nice comeback.... well.. I give you credit you can read !!!

BUT YOUR CREDENTIALS WITH EVERYONE ON HERE IS NOW CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!

have a nice night !

Actually, you're the one coming off as shrill and irrational. This is a public board, what's with requiring a resume? Why should anyone need to justify their experience to you?

We all have our opinions, discuss them or don't. But lets move on from personal attacks.

On the topic of ten yr. olds making decisions......I was, in fact, ten yrs. old when I made a decision to get involved in drum corps. I promised myself I would do whatever it took to participate in the activity. I'm proud to say, 46 yrs. later, that I kept that promise to myself. :blink:

Kids do get more than we give them credit for.

My 11 year old who was 8 or 9 at the time wanted to know "why are they talking all the time" when she saw the Cadets in Enid a few years back. :blink:

And my 15 year trumpet player old who is begging me to march next year upon hearing of the possible addition of woodwinds said "That sounds stupid. It's just big summer marching band if you do that."

But as a admission they have been exposed to the *****ing and moaning about some of the changes since their dad and older sister both marched.