Would you attend one of the proposed G7 shows?

Attendance at proposed 2011 G7 shows  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a G7 show?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Is the G7 movement good for drum corp?

• yes
    • no
    • undecided
  3. 3. What is the true motivation behind the G7?

• More money
    • to improve the health of the activity
    • to control their destiny
    • to end DCI as we know it
    • I do not know

I think it is time for an unscientific poll to gage the feelings of the drum corp community regarding the G7. Please participate and encourage others to participate as well. I plan on sending these results to Jeff Fiedler.

Edited by Brigadier80

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you want have a big enough group of people to show the opinion

I know...several hundred would be great...spread the word. The G7 are assuming that their fans will just go with them not matter how hey impact the activity. They may of assumed to much or it could be the best move then have made.

MAkes me wonder a bit.IF the internet was around in 1972 how would the outcome have been at the formation of DCI. Would it exsist now? Would all the defunked corps been around a bit longer? The interent has fired up peoples opinions, concerns and debates that didn't happen to this magnitude in 1972. Just intereresting...Well to me anyway..lol :tongue:

MAkes me wonder a bit.IF the internet was around in 1972 how would the outcome have been at the formation of DCI. Would it exsist now? Would all the defunked corps been around a bit longer? The interent has fired up peoples opinions, concerns and debates that didn't happen to this magnitude in 1972. Just intereresting...Well to me anyway..lol :worthy:

The issues with the VFW and Legion had already led DCA to form in 1964-1965. The Juniors had a model with which to work from, and it was very necessary for a multitude of reasons. The Net might have made it easier to have gotten it done, but would not have changed the inevitable when DCI was formed. If you ever have the chance to meet someone like Don Warren, ask him about it. I'm sure he'd gladly tell you from a first-hand perspective. I hope Mike Boo will also chime in- he's more of a historian tyoe than even I am. :tongue:

Corps needed to shape their own destinity and not allow the Legion or VFW to dictate it anymore at that point in time.

As for corps going defunct-- (check your spelling, young Jedi)-- DCI had an effect on it, yes. THere was a gravitation even then towards more successful corps taking place.

The problem is, if things get too much smaller, the whole thing might turn into a black hole and implode. :rock:

It doesn't matter how many people say they won't go. Literally only under a thousand people will even know about all of this behind the scenes stuff. The overwhelming majority of people will only see a ######## lineup. Then after seeing how much better the show is with instant encores and fan voting and such they will see G7 as DCI's premier events. And band directors will want to take kids to G7 for many obvious reasons.

Edited by dagenh

The issues with the VFW and Legion had already led DCA to form in 1964-1965. The Juniors had a model with which to work from, and it was very necessary for a multitude of reasons. The Net might have made it easier to have gotten it done, but would not have changed the inevitable when DCI was formed. If you ever have the chance to meet someone like Don Warren, ask him about it. I'm sure he'd gladly tell you from a first-hand perspective. I hope Mike Boo will also chime in- he's more of a historian tyoe than even I am. :tongue:

Corps needed to shape their own destinity and not allow the Legion or VFW to dictate it anymore at that point in time.

As for corps going defunct-- (check your spelling, young Jedi)-- DCI had an effect on it, yes. THere was a gravitation even then towards more successful corps taking place.

The problem is, if things get too much smaller, the whole thing might turn into a black hole and implode. :worthy:

Thanks for the spelling lesson....So much to learn here on DCP :rock:

As you said the formation of DCI then was necessary for many reasons. Maybe the same now ! People just happen to not agree as I KNOW for sure didnt back then either. Oh well , it won't be long until we all find out. Good Luck to all the corps. Can't wait !