Madison Scouts - 14.60

Blue Knights - 14.10

Colts - 14.00

Troopers - 13.30

Mandarins - 13.10

Mandarins - 12.80

Pioneer - 12.50

Blue Devils arent so hot right now! lol

Uh, good job Glassmen and Madison Scouts!

Well, BD has a lower score than quite a few corps. This could mean 2 things:

1. It was just their first show, so they got scored low... OR

2. They've been rehearsing a week longer than everybody, and it hasn't showed yet.

From what I've seen, it could come down between Phantom, Bluecoats, and Crown.

i wouldn't count the clovis drum scores TOO much. Dan Bryan (perc judge last night) judges mainly on pit cuz that's what he knows best... wait till Alan Kristiansen (sp?) or two or 3 other judges give out scores

Well, BD has a lower score than quite a few corps. This could mean 2 things:

1. It was just their first show, so they got scored low... OR

2. They've been rehearsing a week longer than everybody, and it hasn't showed yet.

From what I've seen, it could come down between Phantom, Bluecoats, and Crown.

I tend to kind of think that captions scores across different shows and regions is not an accurate barometer of competitiveness: placement and spreads within like competitors mean much more than exact numbers between a CA show and a Toledo show (or wherever). I think there's a little bit more accuracy between corps in the same region who have been head to head for a few shows and then separate. I also think that the mid-west is a LOT more competitive than the west coast as far as corps fighting for placement. At any given show this season you can have Cadets or Crown fighting for first, Cavaliers and Bluecoats right behind them (or passing? we'll see), Blue Stars & Phantom, Scouts and Glassmen, etc. In CA the tiers are very strongly established with little wiggle room between the groups (BD, then SCV, then BK, then Troopers, etc).

I think it can be argued that because SCV's percussion has been not-as-competitive with others the past several seasons (6th or below for the most part), as well as Blue Devils not exactly having strong competition numbers wise through out the rest of the show, shows will gradually result in lower numbers, especially for the first show. Once judges switch out from other regions, or get a good sense of who's doing what, that will change.

June 26 - lots of corps performed tonight!

PHANTOM REGIMENT - 16.20

Bluecoats - 15.80

Cadets - 15.70

Blue Devils - 15.60

Cavaliers - 15.40

Santa Clara Vanguard - 15.10

Boston Crusaders - 14.70

Blue Knights - 14.60

Glassmen - 14.30

Spirit - 14.00

Blue Stars - 14.00

Madison Scouts - 13.90

Pacific Crest - 13.90

Crossmen - 13.70

Mandarins - 13.60

Troopers - 13.30

Jersey Surf - 12.60

Pioneer - 12.60

wow phantom is definitely on their way to the drum title! they've won drums by .3 or more every night!

I tend to kind of think that captions scores across different shows and regions is not an accurate barometer of competitiveness: placement and spreads within like competitors mean much more than exact numbers between a CA show and a Toledo show (or wherever). I think there's a little bit more accuracy between corps in the same region who have been head to head for a few shows and then separate. I also think that the mid-west is a LOT more competitive than the west coast as far as corps fighting for placement. At any given show this season you can have Cadets or Crown fighting for first, Cavaliers and Bluecoats right behind them (or passing? we'll see), Blue Stars & Phantom, Scouts and Glassmen, etc. In CA the tiers are very strongly established with little wiggle room between the groups (BD, then SCV, then BK, then Troopers, etc).

I think it can be argued that because SCV's percussion has been not-as-competitive with others the past several seasons (6th or below for the most part), as well as Blue Devils not exactly having strong competition numbers wise through out the rest of the show, shows will gradually result in lower numbers, especially for the first show. Once judges switch out from other regions, or get a good sense of who's doing what, that will change.

Good insight, I know what you're saying now.

June 26 - lots of corps performed tonight!

PHANTOM REGIMENT - 16.20

Bluecoats - 15.80

Cadets - 15.70

Blue Devils - 15.60

Cavaliers - 15.40

Santa Clara Vanguard - 15.10

Boston Crusaders - 14.70

Blue Knights - 14.60

Glassmen - 14.30

Spirit - 14.00

Blue Stars - 14.00

Madison Scouts - 13.90

Pacific Crest - 13.90

Crossmen - 13.70

Mandarins - 13.60

Troopers - 13.30

Jersey Surf - 12.60

Pioneer - 12.60

wow phantom is definitely on their way to the drum title! they've won drums by .3 or more every night!

bold-surprise

italic-questioning

Everyone has been saying how hot BS line is whats with the score? anyone watched the show live to tell us?