G7 Corps Members

Obviously missed the point....

But you go ahead and "send your message" via booing. I'm sure it'll be immensely successful.

Or, since you're still paying to go to the show and admit that you want to see the G7 corps, you might want stipulate that no portion of the money you spent on your tickets is to go to the G7 corps.

That would be equally successful.

:tongue::tongue::tongue: Maybe even one of the kids that they are booing their parents are next to them and decide to pop them one..lol....then there will be a show in the stands? With this behavior dont think that wont happen.

Fine example

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never advocated booing any of the G7...in fact, I stated in one of my posts in one of these forums (I can't keep track of them anymore!) that I won't be booing, I don't think it's right to the kids-they worked hard and performed well in spite of the fact their corps administration are a bunch of horse's backsides. HOWEVER, there WILL be spectators who will misdirect their feelings for the corps admin. to the corps members. There WILL be spectators who will sit on their hands at the end of G7 shows, or make them their "hot dog corps", or not visit their souvenir booth. While the Cadets and BD may be used to getting booed or a cold reception is "normal", those in Crown or Bluecoats or Phantom may not have experienced that level of "greatness" yet. What I think the best course of action would be is for the remaining DCI World Class AND OC corps to collectively bid the G7 a fond farewell...let them go off on their own, they can split ALL the money then, and they can foot ALL the bills, and they will have ALL of the power...oh wait, they didn't want that after all? I don't think these wild and sensationalized stadium shows are going to be the rock concerts that the G7 are envisioning. With this proposal, you just alienated any fans who have been loyal to the activity for anything longer than 5 years and have basically already pronounced that this is going to be "super band"...and while I'm sure there's an audience for it, I don't think it's going to fill huge stadiums to the point where it will be a huge money maker.

I never meant to suggest that you would boo...you're far too civil (despite your moniker and grumpy exterior).

I, like the sounds of many, will take the time that the G7 are on the field...do souvie hunting... get a bite to eat or use the

restroom... whatever... If I care to, since I did purchase the ticket...(not just because Corps X would be there.....) I will watch...

I will politely clap.... but it will be NOTHING like the excitement that will be shown for the "others"... and I hope and believe that

I am not alone on some kind of theory like what I intend to do.

I, for one, plan on supporting the kids that march in these corps. It wasnt them that proposed this fodder, they shouldnt suffer. If they do something that causes me to stand, I will do so....I laready have plans to meet up with many of them this year and I have no intention of not supporting them.

Its those in charge that I have the problems/issues with. and, in reality, we know this proposal is a 66 page lame duck. Argue pro or con, that is the fact and it will work itself out where it shoud, in the boardroom, not on the field.......If only those in charge thought that way ionstead of using what is done on the field as leverage to make their proposals, all would work the way ot should, but I digress....

Good luck to ALL corps this season.

G

Not sure if you accidentally quoted the wrong person or I didn't explain well, but I think we're saying the same thing. In fact, I will no longer play music that has a G7 chord. (Sorry, gotta throw a little humor in because this is depressing.)

Sorry wrong quote...... Just ignore my stupidity it happens all the time!!! :tongue:

Wes P

I, for one, plan on supporting the kids that march in these corps.

Good luck to ALL corps this season.

:tongue:

I'll give everyone a pass this season. No member of the corps signed up for this and I'll never talk to any of the directors involved anyways. The proposal will not be approved. If the G7 split, then I will never attend a G7 event. But even if things are the same next year my enthusiasm for the G7 will take a hit.

I would support booing of woodwinds. ;)

I'll give everyone a pass this season. No member of the corps signed up for this and I'll never talk to any of the directors involved anyways. The proposal will not be approved. If the G7 split, then I will never attend a G7 event. But even if things are the same next year my enthusiasm for the G7 will take a hit.

I would support booing of woodwinds. ;)

nah.......I would rather go on a cruise, If I dont see it, it didnt happen !

G

I want to watch the other corps that will be there.

I also want to see the Greedy7 shows... but I can still boo them outwardly to get the message across while enjoying the shows at the same time.

Why is not adult to boo? Boo-ing means that you are unhappy. I am unhappy with their organization. They are the public face of their organization. When you are the public face of an organization, you get the feedback from your customers.

you dont boo ( How Adult ) you just dont go. Do you buy tickets to a show ( theater ) that you dont want to see or dont agree with content just to BOO....unbeliveable

I hope everything is straightened out before I start going to the many shows I'll be at this summer. Otherwise, my chiropractor bill would skyrocket due to me turning around every time I thought I heard my name.

So, to those who are thinking of booing every chance they get; if the thought of how that would affect the kids does nothing for you, at least consider how it might affect me. No one wants their named to be cheapened. Think of this Boo, folks!

For those who would still go to to a show in order to boo a corps; I wish to propose you be more specific with your vitriol so that you don't confuse me. Instead of yelling, "Boo," I suggest you yell, "I paid [insert ticket price] so I could let the people sitting around me that I'm an inconsiderate a-hole!"

I hope everything is straightened out before I start going to the many shows I'll be at this summer. Otherwise, my chiropractor bill would skyrocket due to me turning around every time I thought I heard my name.

So, to those who are thinking of booing every chance they get; if the thought of how that would affect the kids does nothing for you, at least consider how it might affect me. No one wants their named to be cheapened. Think of this Boo, folks!

For those who would still go to to a show in order to boo a corps; I wish to propose you be more specific with your vitriol so that you don't confuse me. Instead of yelling, "Boo," I suggest you yell, "I paid [insert ticket price] so I could let the people sitting around me that I'm an inconsiderate a-hole!"

THIS POST FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue::worthy::tongue::worthy::tongue::worthy: You go BOO :tongue: