DCI board meets in Indianapolis

Seems like the G7 got spanked......HARD. From Hoppy, it was predictable, but the other six look like silly sheep falling for a slimey sales pitch.

Love the new board make up.....as for HW v. GH, at least Howard is an actual music EDUCATOR who has the kids' interests in mind as opposed to someone bent on crafting and dominating an activity through subterfuge.

Also nice to see BK, Colts, Glassmen, Blue Stars etc taking a major role. As a BAC supporter, I have no problem whatever with this board.

Edited by craiga

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think it is a good thing that DCI posted this but it really isn't new information. How many times in this proposal does it say by May 2010? So, did these things happen by the deadlines? Did all 2009 age outs receive thier free tickets to this years championship? Do they have a technology plan in place?

I'm not for the G-7 proposal but maybe the G-7 came out with their proposal because they realized this other business plan was not being implemented as it was supposed to be.

Just as in the G-7 proposal there were really no details on how they expect these things to happen. It is great to say we will have this many more people at shows by this year and this many more kids in corps but how do they plan to make that happen. My guess is if you look at past business plans they have created, many of the same goals were listed there too.

Well I think it is a good thing that DCI posted this but it really isn't new information.

Quite a bit of it was news to me.

How many times in this proposal does it say by May 2010?

Twice. I counted.

Just as in the G-7 proposal there were really no details on how they expect these things to happen. It is great to say we will have this many more people at shows by this year and this many more kids in corps but how do they plan to make that happen.

You are aware that these are excerpts of the plan, right?

The two directors who resigned were from Phantom and SCV.

Edited by Reservoir Dog

Did all 2009 age outs receive thier free tickets to this years championship?

:ph34r::blink:

What?!?! I never got my tickets!!! :guinesssmilie:

At bottom of the financial pdf, it talks about opinions of the auditor - anyone know what this is about?

It's standard audit jargon. A public firm will conduct a review of the financial statements and then provide their professional opinion to the client.

H DUB! It is great to see him on the Board. I dont know of anyone more dedicated to the growth and expercience of the Corps Member, than this man. He lives and dies drum corps and does eveything in his power to make sure his members have a great summer. I have full confidence with the BOD with him on it.

He is responsible for the uprising of BAC in '99 - 02' and the recent upswing of the Blue Stars. If anyone knows how to get the job done, It is him.