I want... NO! I DEMAND!

This year is definitely a step up for the Hurcs. The design team of Michael Klesch, Kevin Murphy, Chris Johnson, Philip Traini, John Lemire, & Jamey Thompson have outdone themselves with our fantastic 2010 program, Heaven Sent.

The guard is as good as it's ever been, the drumline is SMOKING, and the hornline has definitely improved from a technial and quality of sound standpoint.

We're looking to fill our last few brass spots and the show will be DONE this weekend after completing the last chunk of drill Jamey has sent us. This is the best stuff he's written for us since he joined the Hurricanes in 2008.

We can't wait to get out there at Barnum and get the 2010 competitive season underway!

As always, check out the website for additional information!

Official Connecticut Hurricanes Website

Edited by vbc33

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..... I didn't want to spoil the surprise but I'll tell you a little about what I saw two weeks ago.

The numbers look about the same as last year and they produce a big sound. The guard?..... well you know the story. The big thing that jumped out at me was the level of demand they are imposing apon themselves. It looks like it's paying off. The opening number looked and sounded larger than life. Same goes for the rest of the show. I thought last years show had alot of demand but it seems they are taking it to a whole new level for 2010. I look forward to seeing this show again when the cleaning process is complete.

Edited by HurcsGuyGD.

If you're tired of reading Reading news stop reading Reading news. :tongue:

Sorry - saw the opportunity for the pun and couldn't resist. :tongue:

I'm trying to make sense of your post but all I hear is MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo!!!!

and those little bells clanging...

Go masticate in someone else's thread - this is my Hurc's news update.

:)

:cool:

All I can say, Ray, is that if Reading is reeeeeeeally that good, youse guys up there might need to start driving farm tractors, start wearing Amish hats, smokin' your tobacco out of corncob pipes, and learn to plow. :tongue:

Heh, as I said in an earlier thread, if the Hurcs can up their technical content musically, they'd be a VERY strong contender. They were very exact, tidy, and solid last year, and unless they decide to throw that level of quality out the window, and I'd doubt that, they'll be in the hunt. As for me, I'm patient. I'll wait to see what they'll roll out of the garage this year if they want to keep it under the car cover for now, heh. :tongue:

Moo...

btw if you're driving a tractor, don't wear the amish hat.

Those folks pretty much carry their horses and cows around.

Now THAT's Reading country...

whoops almost forgot - :doh:

Wouldn't want young people to think I'm serious? :w00t: (as a heart attack) :doh::cool:

Ray, I was at a Saturday Hurks practice on May 22, the short time I was there theywere working on the drill, they look just fine. The one difference I noticed this year compared to what I saw last year at this time is focus, no fooling around. It seems they have a goal in mind and are driving towards it.

Bill S

Orlando

SOMF

Ray~

It just might be your fault but apparently yesterday at work I let my mind wander too far and I was daydreaming of Connecticut. :tongue: Guess I had a brief moment of homesickness but I probably wouldn't have if it weren't for reading this the night before. So I'll blame YOU.

:tongue:

Ray~

It just might be your fault but apparently yesterday at work I let my mind wander too far and I was daydreaming of Connecticut. :tongue: Guess I had a brief moment of homesickness but I probably wouldn't have if it weren't for reading this the night before. So I'll blame YOU.

:tongue:

What is it with Chicks? Was there a Union memo that EVERY *#@(#* thing should be MY FAULT????

GEEEEZ!

I miss the Hurc World quite often. It's like none other that I've encountered, and I've encountered quite a bit. There were times when it felt like "A Chorus Line" Meets "Blast" Meets "The Sopranos"...

You may understand what I mean - some folks won't... but the Hurcs are a unique organization and will remain a huge part of my life forever.

When I see them on the field I occasionally wish I were not old, washed up, and over the hill.

I'd love to spend some time with that brass line.

Now go find some other poor b*st*rd to blame for stuff.

I'm coming on 12 hours of work so pretty soon it will be my wife's turn to blame me for everything that goes wrong for a while.

Moo...

btw if you're driving a tractor, don't wear the amish hat.

Those folks pretty much carry their horses and cows around.

Now THAT's Reading country...

whoops almost forgot - :w00t:

Wouldn't want young people to think I'm serious? :tongue: (as a heart attack) :doh::cool:

Oh, some Amish use tractors, just not rubber tires.

They evidently even use B-Flat horns too. :doh:

Everything sounds good up that way of the world, good competition makes everyone better overall and forces them to bring their A-Game. Rehearsal discipline's important. Unless one is in an alumni corps.... LOL...

The other question is- what's going on way out in Minnesota. I have a feeling they're all not boating on Lake Wobegon. :tongue:

Oh, some Amish use tractors, just not rubber tires.

They evidently even use B-Flat horns too. :tongue:

Everything sounds good up that way of the world, good competition makes everyone better overall and forces them to bring their A-Game. Rehearsal discipline's important. Unless one is in an alumni corps.... LOL...

The other question is- what's going on way out in Minnesota. I have a feeling they're all not boating on Lake Wobegon. :tongue:

That's all well and good, but start your own thread to talk about Reading.

I'm Readinged out for the next 6 years.

:cool: (compulsory smiley to show I don't mean it - I do mean it but if you use a smiley it's okay)

What is it with Chicks? Was there a Union memo that EVERY *#@(#* thing should be MY FAULT????

GEEEEZ!

YES :cool:

I miss the Hurc World quite often. It's like none other that I've encountered, and I've encountered quite a bit. There were times when it felt like "A Chorus Line" Meets "Blast" Meets "The Sopranos"...

You may understand what I mean - some folks won't... but the Hurcs are a unique organization and will remain a huge part of my life forever.

When I see them on the field I occasionally wish I were not old, washed up, and over the hill.

I'd love to spend some time with that brass line.

I do understand. Hell I read mello music the other day and much to my surprise I remembered how to read it. And I remembered the fingerings too. So Yes, it's your fault and WCSU's fault. I'm sure they don't want to be associated with that either. So it's easier to blame you and my spectacular year with you as my instructor.

Now go find some other poor b*st*rd to blame for stuff.

I'm coming on 12 hours of work so pretty soon it will be my wife's turn to blame me for everything that goes wrong for a while.

I have one. He's a good guy. And he knows it is all his fault. I think you know my ex. :tongue::w00t::tongue:

And with that I'll duck and run for cover.

Edited by LegalEagle50