Top Story Lines for the Upcoming 2010 season

Drum Corps Midwest re-emerges after all of the fallout from the G-7 proposal and all of the great, old DIV II/III corps such as The Americanos, The Patriots, and East Coast Jazz resurrect.

Edited by NashvillePat

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the top news stories will be:

1) Blue Stars pushing for a top spot

2) Phantom working hard to stay where they were in 2009

3) How competitive and close the top-12 are getting. The fight for finals will be unprecedented.

4) What happened to some of the units in the 16-20 range. Some are able to hold their ground, with others falling by the wayside.

Blue Devils will be forced to return their lair in California when (at their first public performance) the audience realizes there are NO REFLECTIONS in all those mirrors. Through a glass darkly indeed :tongue:

Okay I'm lost again. What mirrors is everyone talking about?

Tekk you clearly need some of that epic raspberry Kool Aid !! Drink up man :)

The rumor mill has is that BD will be making extensive use of mirrors in their show this season.

I know what I would LIKE to say, but Im going to be a lady, and hope that a G-7 corps, if that whole theory doesnt flop half-way thru the

season" WILL GET BEAT ! (and I will bet the house IT WILL HAPPEN)

I see a reserging Madison Organizaiton........

I see a Blue Star Corps that continually keeps building on the momentum from the past years, with an alumni base that is just as excited as

the members that are currently marching......

I feel more crowd resentment towards G-7 corps..... whether that be thru rude behavior in the stands or what have you WHILE they are performing

on the field......... and I see a BIG TIME DROP in souvies for those "elite 7".... or is it "8" now... ????

I see some SERIOUS off the field activity at the end of the season with the corps directors, now that they have HEARD AND READ what their bread

and butter... fans.... think about this possible outcome of this whole G-7 mess... that there are corps that dont make top 12 and (shock)

PEOPLE WANT TO SEE THEM TOO !!!! OMG !!!!!! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT !!!!! ??

l go and support this summer's shows and corps efforts... but I wonder if the facet that we know as Drum Corps International will ever be the same

again...... unless a few directors "get a grip" and realize that they just ..... might... need to come out of the clouds.

So.. we wait for the soap to continue...... and I hope for a good outcome......... oh, btw... just my opinions... sorry if you're offended...

I know what I would LIKE to say, but Im going to be a lady, and hope that a G-7 corps, if that whole theory doesnt flop half-way thru the

I see a Blue Star Corps that continually keeps building on the momentum from the past years, with an alumni base that is just as excited as

I feel more crowd resentment towards G-7 corps..... whether that be thru rude behavior in the stands or what have you WHILE they are performing

on the field......... and I see a BIG TIME DROP in souvies for those "elite 7".... or is it "8" now... ????

I see some SERIOUS off the field activity at the end of the season with the corps directors, now that they have HEARD AND READ what their bread

and butter... fans.... think about this possible outcome of this whole G-7 mess... that there are corps that dont make top 12 and (shock)

l go and support this summer's shows and corps efforts... but I wonder if the facet that we know as Drum Corps International will ever be the same

again...... unless a few directors "get a grip" and realize that they just ..... might... need to come out of the clouds.

So.. we wait for the soap to continue...... and I hope for a good outcome......... oh, btw... just my opinions... sorry if you're offended...

sounded good to me!

BD's first loss since 2008 will occur at Allentown during the 2011 season, although, because it is a Tour of Champions show, it doesn't count for DCI. :tongue:

Edited by Plan9

It has been hypothesized that the Blue Devils will have a bunch of mirrors in their show. Their show title is: Through a Glass, Darkly.

I don't think the OP meant to disguise the title of this thread into another "G7" hate thread.

And I personally think that all this "crowd resentment toward G7 corps" is wishful thinking.