G7 Financial Information.

Just for your information....

Income(roughly) Expenses(roughly) Remaining Assets(roughly)

BD 5,000,000 3,000,000 2,000,000

Crown 1,230,000 1,210,000 10,000

Cavaliers 1,300,000 1,200,000 67,000

Cadets 3,500,000 3,400,000 100,000

SCV 2,600,000 2,400,000 1,200,000

Bluecoats 931,000 899,000 1,000

Phantom 1,300,000 900,000 224,000

All information is from guidestar.org. The most recent statements are from 2008. If you want to see how this relates to other world class drum corps, just search for them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The largest cash cow for many corps', and I mean the one that brings in the millions of dollars, is Bingo (see the actual 990 for each corps). Has anyone besides me noticed that the Blue Devils are about to lose their access to Bingo due to California State Regulations?

wouldn't SCV lose too?

Yes; but that has not been reported in the news like the BD situation. As far as I can tell, California is wanting to eliminate all smoking at Bingo halls as well as shut down all off-site video bingo. Both of those would pretty much wipe out Bingo as a revenue generating option. And if I remember correctly, these types of State regualtions also cut deeply into to financial dimise of East Coast Jazz.

well...a smart financial person years ago told me not to put all my eggs in one basket, because eventually that basket could disintegrate.

seems to me, some corps relied on the golden goose and didnt plan for scenarios that would eliminate that goose.

well...a smart financial person years ago told me not to put all my eggs in one basket, because eventually that basket could disintegrate.

seems to me, some corps relied on the golden goose and didnt plan for scenarios that would eliminate that goose.

I agree! I do not want to rehash an older thread, but the problem is that the government severely limits how a non-profit can raise revenue; you have to jump through many legal hoops concerning non-business related income or the business has to be directly related to the workings of the organization. Grants are not really an option due to the nature of the corps charging so much for performer dues, and now Bingo is getting shoved out by the government. So, the G7 are looking to other ways to raise capital. Why do you thing that Crown wants Crown Tickets to be the sole ticket outlet for DCI? Why do you think that the Cadets want YEA to be the sole Events Agency for DCI? Why do you think that BD wants System Blue to be the sole provider for DCI clinics?

and we have all said that as soon as the proposal went live.