G7 Financial Information.

Well, since the two you note have those sources of revenue, they ARE living within their means. You have to look at the total corporate picture to see if they are fiscally responsible. It appears both are. To say "if BD didn't have bingo and the Cadets didnt have USSBA..." doesn't mean anything, because they DO have those things. When one or both experience declines in those revenue streams, then we'll see how they react fiscally.

Wait Mike, I just made this point on another thread. We KNOW how they're reacting fiscally. Their answer is to reformulate the activity in the likes of YEA and piggy-back on it's exposure to the scholastic music market. Cadets, by his own admission, is not profitable. He's now expecting profit from that division and wants to rip apart an organization unrelated to YEA.

That's their fiscal plan.

All IMO, of course.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wel...bingo isn't exactly a lock for BD given all we've seen on here. and for the cadets and USSBA, love of band circuits is very fickle when you have competiting circuits. band jump back and forth all the time, and if a large group were to leave USSBA at one shot, it could hurt the entire organization.

Well, since the two you note have those sources of revenue, they ARE living within their means. You have to look at the total corporate picture to see if they are fiscally responsible. It appears both are. To say "if BD didn't have bingo and the Cadets didnt have USSBA..." doesn't mean anything, because they DO have those things. When one or both experience declines in those revenue streams, then we'll see how they react fiscally.

wel...bingo isn't exactly a lock for BD given all we've seen on here. and for the cadets and USSBA, love of band circuits is very fickle when you have competiting circuits. band jump back and forth all the time, and if a large group were to leave USSBA at one shot, it could hurt the entire organization.

Which is why I said that if one or both lose that revenue...or a portion of it...we'll see how they react. I think that with USSBA they have passed the critical point where a band or two or even more would have a real impact overall, just as with TOB. They are both large enough today to absorb that. We'll see, though, esp this year with all of the budget cutting, esp in NJ.

oh budget cuts will affect USSBA, TOB and Cavalcade.

but...is it smart business for a guy who wants to reorganize DCI in a way that gives him more money and more power to admit he loses money running the corps?

No. it doesn't help his position at all.

oh budget cuts will affect USSBA, TOB and Cavalcade.

but...is it smart business for a guy who wants to reorganize DCI in a way that gives him more money and more power to admit he loses money running the corps?

No. it doesn't help his position at all.

He is being honest, that's all. I do give him credit for that; he lets the chips fall where they may a lot.

it applies to all corps.

but when you read the 990's, if BD didn't have bingo and the Cadets didnt have USSBA, they'd be in deep ####.

and let's be honest, some of the best financially run corps are not at the top of the competitive rankings.

so..maybe these guys in their quest to win it all aren't living within their means.

i love this post with all my heart.

He is being honest, that's all. I do give him credit for that; he lets the chips fall where they may a lot.

...and if you don't pick up the pieces, you leave a big ol' mess. btw, why let the chips fall to begin with? i thought the point of being in charge was making sure that your chips were kept in good repair?

it applies to all corps.

but when you read the 990's, if BD didn't have bingo and the Cadets didnt have USSBA, they'd be in deep ####.

and let's be honest, some of the best financially run corps are not at the top of the competitive rankings.

so..maybe these guys in their quest to win it all aren't living within their means.

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!! Thank you!

Seriously? You're going to thank him for a post like that?

Read my tax return. If I lost my employment I'd be in deep ####. That's my source of income. Thankfully, I have my job, and can cover my expenses.

Hypothetically, if I lost my job and continued my current expenses then I'd certainly be living beyond my means. But the situation is hypothetical only. If I lost my job I'd obviously cut down on my expenses to compensate. It'd be tough, but I have also invested in myself over the years (i.e., with my college degree) so that I will be able to find a new job and a new source of income.

If you need the analogy explained any more explicitly, just let me know.

Read my tax return. If I lost my employment I'd be in deep ####. That's my source of income. Thankfully, I have my job, and can cover my expenses.

Hypothetically, if I lost my job and continued my current expenses then I'd certainly be living beyond my means. But the situation is hypothetical only. If I lost my job I'd obviously cut down on my expenses to compensate. It'd be tough, but I have also invested in myself over the years (i.e., with my college degree) so that I will be able to find a new job and a new source of income.

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!! Thank you!

:shutup:

BD possibly losing income from Bingo is not so hypothetical. There is a link on the appeal against a rival Bingo operation was denied.

Edited by JimF-LowBari