Want to Give a G7 Director a Piece of Your Mind?

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArt...ws_iv_ctrl=1401

from yea.org....

Meet and chat with the directors of Carolina Crown, the Cavaliers and The Cadets!

Drum corps fans coming to J. Birney Crum Stadium on June 18 for The Three ‘C’ Double Play Season Opener have the opportunity to meet and talk with Adolph DeGrauwe, Director of the Cavaliers, Jim Coates, Executive Director of Carolina Crown, and George Hopkins, Director of the Cadets.

The directors of the three corps performing in the first show of the season will be on hand at the spectator entrance of J. Birney Crum Stadium starting at 7 p.m. to talk shop with friends and fans of the activity!

from yea.org....

Meet and chat with the directors of Carolina Crown, the Cavaliers and The Cadets!

Drum corps fans coming to J. Birney Crum Stadium on June 18 for The Three ‘C’ Double Play Season Opener have the opportunity to meet and talk with Adolph DeGrauwe, Director of the Cavaliers, Jim Coates, Executive Director of Carolina Crown, and George Hopkins, Director of the Cadets.

The directors of the three corps performing in the first show of the season will be on hand at the spectator entrance of J. Birney Crum Stadium starting at 7 p.m. to talk shop with friends and fans of the activity!

Uhhhhh ... this is where they are very smart folks. Most people in the stands will not be aware of the real proposal, only what was presented on the Cadets, Crown, and Cavalier websites; most of these fans will not have been reading through DCP to see the actual PowerPoint proposal. This will be Hops opportunity to continue the spin, spin, spin face to face; and he is a Masterful smoozer within face to face interaction. And he also knows that any outside person approaching the table attempting to counteract him in a public forum (where these directors are behind the table as the experts) will end up looking foolish. Be careful here, be very, very, careful.

Edited by Stu

Uhhhhh ... this is where they are very smart folks. Most people in the stands will not be aware of the real proposal, only what was presented on the Cadets, Crown, and Cavalier websites; most of these fans will not have been reading through DCP to see the actual PowerPoint proposal. This will be Hops opportunity to continue the spin, spin, spin face to face; and he is a Masterful smoozer within face to face interaction. And he also knows that any outside person approaching the table attempting to counteract him in a public forum (where these directors are behind the table as the experts) will end up looking foolish. Be careful here, be very, very, careful.

Isnt it better to confront then hide the feelings behind say like DCP. Stand up for what you think, Ask the questions face to face, DCP is hardly the place for accurate information either and I dont think the power point in its form was for the general public originally to be seen, nor should it have been. Im not agreeging at all with the G7 proposal but stand up and fight if thats what you think needs to be done. or sit down and be quiet.

JMO :thumbup:

Frankly, I wouldn't waste my time talking with George Hopkins if I went there. That's like a citizen of Louisiana going up to the CEO of Brittish Petroleum to tell him what you think of his Company.While it's a form of personal cartharthis and all, for the person that gives his mind to the CEO, it wil have no effect whatsoever. That CEO has heard it all before, and his interests are not the interests of the speaker. His interests are to protect the future of Brittish Petroleum, just as George Hopkins interests are to protect the future intersets of The Cadets. If it was me, I spend more time and effort giving support to the non G-7 Corps and their Directors. They're the ones on the battle lines on this... and have a shot here of defeating this power grab attempt. But that's just my 2 cents worth here too.

Edited by BRASSO

from yea.org....

A much more effective alternative to direct confrontation of the three behind the table would be to set up your own table to educate the non-DCPers in attendance of what the G7 presentation says.

Surely one could get a permit from the city of Allentown to set up a booth across the street from the show. Maybe pass out copies of the .ppt at the local watering holes?

If you focus on spreading the news of the facts of their presentation, then be ready with contrary facts from DCI and the surveys, you'll educate the masses and marginalize the three amigos sitting at the table.

But DO NOT, under any circumstances engage any of them on this issue. In fact, go out of your way to describe how you feel about this years' show.

This is a trap that will only put them on the higher road and make any instigator look like a fool. That could very well be exactly what they want.

Let them make their case in July, at the business meeting. Lobby the other directors to give them your strength. Write to DCI and show your support. Cite the facts presented and don't allow yourself to be drawn into a pi**ing contest at the show. Remember, they need to marginalize the nay-sayers. Don't think they won't be ready and armed to do just that.

And before you go, get a copy of Glenn Beck's book "Arguing with idiots". It will come in handy if you can't control your desire to challenge the three on the merits of their "vision" for the activity.

Frankly, I wouldn't waste my time talking with George Hopkins if I went there. That's like a citizen of Louisiana going up to the CEO of Brittish Petroleum to tell him what you think of his Company.While it's a form of personal cartharthis and all, for the person that gives his mind to the CEO, it wil have no effect whatsoever. That CEO has heard it all before, and his interests are not the interests of the speaker. His interests are to protect the future of Brittish Petroleum, just as George Hopkins interests are to protect the future intersets of The Cadets. If it was me, I spend more time and effort giving support to the non G-7 Corps and their Directors. They're the ones on the battle lines on this... and have a shot here of defeating this power grab attempt. But that's just my 2 cents worth here too.

There's a lot of unanswered questions in the G7 proposal. Why would anyone concerned with the future of the activity avoid talking to 3 of the people who are apparently hell-bent on it's destruction? It doesn't have to be confrontational -- you could just walk up and ask some questions. No need to make a scene. In fact why *wouldn't* you do that? You'd prefer to sit in the crowd and boo the kids instead?

Isnt it better to confront then hide the feelings behind say like DCP. Stand up for what you think, Ask the questions face to face, DCP is hardly the place for accurate information either and I dont think the power point in its form was for the general public originally to be seen, nor should it have been. Im not agreeging at all with the G7 proposal but stand up and fight if thats what you think needs to be done. or sit down and be quiet.

JMO :thumbup:

I did not say hide here on DCP; nor did I say not to approach them at the table. I just said Be Very Careful; because Hopkins is a smart PR guy who through politeness will make someone confronting him look foolish. As for the post about putting up a booth to counter the G7, for it to have a real effect on the people, those manning the booth would have to have the same high profile cred as the Director of the Cadets, The Director of The Cavaliers, and the Director of Crown.